[Skin/Fix]Explosive's Shader Restoration Patch

Special mods, make sure you don't miss anything in here!
DrJaul

Post by DrJaul »

so, are there going to be patches to the patch or is this the final awesomness that will have anything to do with this mod?

and a favor to ask. if anyone has a clean bitmap. map file for custom edition could you send it to dr.jaul "AT" comcast.net? i accidentally applied the patch to mine and now my loading screen and UI are psychedelic colored. which is cool but not quite as impressive as the clean version.

BTW i figured it out. my internet browser was having issues with staying signed in to ALL websites so whenever i logged in and it said "welcom you are logged in" it would immediately log me out when i clicked return to forum. NMF
Explosive American

Post by Explosive American »

I'll hopefully be adding the real H1 AR multi to the pack soon, and hopefully a few others. I've always had a problem with the Longsword, so I'd like to get a new one for that. SuperSunny has a couple, so I could get some from him.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
{SMT}iguana
Readers Club

Post by {SMT}iguana »

is this in the outstanding mods or am i blind cause this is no work -10/10

effortless :( mkaes me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:
Explosive American

Yes, it is in outstanding mods. That's where this topic is located >_>

In PC because it doesn't work for CE
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
jimbi

Post by jimbi »

{SMT}iguana wrote:is this in the outstanding mods or am i blind cause this is no work -10/10

You're an idiot...
Last edited by jimbi on Thu May 17, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Explosive American

jimbi wrote:
{SMT}iguana wrote:is this in the outstanding mods or am i blind cause this is no work -10/10

Your an idiot...
That post made me laugh. A lot. You do know that you're supposed to put an apostrophe and an e on there, right? If that isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Mourge

Post by Mourge »

hey for some awkward reason. like i start out with a new bitmaps(checked in game) and then when i apply the patch my old SOTC mod and skins go on there including the shader and there all messed up?....so huh?
Explosive American

You're sure you applied the patch to a completely fresh bitmaps file, and then applied the SOTC bitmaps?
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Mourge

Post by Mourge »

no i didnt apply them at all....i reinstalled and then went inside the game and everything was original. i came out and applied your bitmaps. then i went back in and everything was old mod and screwy
Explosive American

That's strange. Make sure you applied them absolutely correctly. I don't know what could be wrong.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Mourge

Post by Mourge »

ive been a pro modder and texture artist for halo for 3 years and yea....awkward. i just got back to halomods though.
caboose___

Post by caboose___ »

i really want this to work. but.....didnt work. you see, i applied it to my copied bitmaps.map, and ppf master said that it was a sucess. wel...sorta. sorta is an exageration. everything came out black. no, the entire screenw as black, with a few dots on the sides. but starnge enough, the menu screens came up if i moved the mouse(the mouse was invisible on the screen, it was hard) so i clicked quit. will someone please post this as a .map file? ppfs never seem to work with me. and my computer CAN handle this, so someone please help me out. halo sucks if it doesnt look like this.
sf91

Your mod make Halo PC Awesome to look at

Post by sf91 »

I think this mod is really awesome. It includes stuff that gearbox was too lazy to finish. I hope you make another version. Maybe if someone has a modded
xbox 360 you can extract to halo 3 multis for the guns and characters. I would but Im waiting for the 360 Elite's price to drop a little.
Explosive American

What does Halo 3 have to do with this?
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
sf91

Post by sf91 »

wouldn't halo 3 have higher quality shaders, textures, models and such. that was where i was getting at. :wink:
Explosive American

Halo 3 almost certainly uses multipurpose maps differently than Halo PC, and the Halo engine definitely wouldn't be able to render halo 3's shaders, for sure. It's not powerful enough.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
sf91

Post by sf91 »

Just an idea. You gotta admit it would be cool to make halo PC have high quality textures and models. I understand that Halo PC uses an older shader model. :(
Explosive American

Indeed it would be, and if Halo 3 comes out for PC, then people might just import improved models of the old weapons and such. For now, it is near impossibility. Maybe through some haxxor-level techniques, someone could photoshop the most awesome shaders imaginable, but that's unlikely.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
SonicMaster326

Accidentally apllied patch to wrong file..gah!

Post by SonicMaster326 »

At first I wasn't sure how to apply the patch, and then I found ppf-o-matic. I didn't know what file to patch, so I just assumed it was vsh.bin in the shaders folder, based on the ppf-o-matic help page saying to apply patches to .bin files. I started up Halo, and got the error message saying that vsh.bin was corrupt. I looked around this thread some more and found out what I did wrong, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Halo. I applied the patch correctly, but when I restarted Halo I got the same error message. I tried to undo the patch with ppf-o-matic, but I couldn't because it told me it wasn't applied. Can someone either tell how to fix this or send me a clean vsh.bin? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Strange, when I did a clean install of the game it worked fine, but when I applied the patch to bitmaps.map correctly, I still got the same error about the vsh.bin. Still need help...
Explosive American

*slaps you*

Come on, man! Use your head! Do you really think you should alter your shader files!? Read the rest of the thread! Apply it to bitmaps.map! PPF-O-Matic was designed for Playstation game files, which are usually of the .bin variety. Ignore that.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon