A Night In Bloodgulch v1.1

Special mods, make sure you don't miss anything in here!
Mallion

A Night In Bloodgulch v1.1

Post by Mallion »

UPDATE: I've added a ghost gun fix pack here for download for those of you who don't care for the grenades... It includes a patch to turn the ghost gun back to the original weapon it's always had or to make it shoot overcharged plasma rounds at a slower rate of fire. Make sure you patch with ANIBv1.1.ppf before applying the ghost gun fixes!

I've included some screenshots though they really don't do the level justice. You have to see it in action to really appreciate how much fun it can be. ANIB v1.0 was a very popular download & I received quite a few emails about things that could be better. I've tried to address the things I heard about most from v1.0... I hope you all enjoy the new ANIB v1.1.

For those that are interested I'll also be releasing a Sidewinder mod in the next few days. I've been tweeking it over the last few months & I believe it's finally ready for release. It would have been out a lot sooner but everytime I took it to a lan party, someone else found something wrong. :) Basically, the last lan I went too, everyone loved it and no one found any glitches so it should be out soon.
Attachments
Ghost Gun Fix.rar
Fix for ghost guns...
(738 Bytes) Downloaded 2524 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 19210 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 19209 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 19206 times
ANIB1.1.rar
A Night In Bloodgulch v.1.1
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 1900 times
Last edited by Mallion on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[VC]CaptainValor

Droplet Wordewatician 250

Post by [VC]CaptainValor »

Even from the screenshots I can tell it looks awesome. Great job! Please, PLEASE release a PC version of this mod!
Mallion

Post by Mallion »

I don't have the PC version of Halo... Only Xbox.
Sorry man.
MC117

Post by MC117 »

i have both, but i can't mod my xbox one. :(

Pyre

Post by Guest »

Heh heh...I went to my local Best Buy the day it was supposed to come out. As I was browsing through the PC Games section, I found an employee coming my way with a cartload of Halo PC. Talk about good luck!
Ang8

Pyre

Post by Ang8 »

could you put up your ghost skin for download?

Pyre

Post by Guest »

Try editing the lightmaps, once you get them just right, it actually looks like night (use a dark grey to fill in the lightmap bitmaps, but not black, cause that makes it wayyy too dark)... Also, try tweaking the fog density and color...
[VC]CaptainValor

Droplet Wordewatician 250

Post by [VC]CaptainValor »

Mallion, if this mod was a reskinning of BG and the vehicles in it, then if you could simply release the edited bitmaps we could make PC port of the mod. You don't need to have Halo PC.
w/e

Pyre

Post by w/e »

i love ur icon valor

Pyre

Post by Guest »

That would be possible Valor except for the fact that I tossed out the original bitmaps & there was a lot involved in changing the parameters of the vehicles as well as the weapons to get everything just right.

I may look into what's involved with making a PC version but right now I'm really only interested in doing Xbox mods. The main reason I didn't bother getting into doing PC modding was because everyone else is... Mainly because it's "simpler" which is a way of saying "we lack the patients involved with testing to make a solid mod for xbox". Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good Xbox mods out & more keep coming but if more people would put their efforts into it, we'd already more then likely have Xbox map rebuilding.

I'll help you with the PC version if I can but I've given out my night textures to several people now & only one of them didn't butcher my stuff & call it there own. (Not saying you would, just making a point)

Mallion

Pyre

Post by Guest »

nice work Mallion, keep it coming with these super skin mods. 8) 8)

Pyre

Post by Guest »

I would be glad to port all of your mods to halopc which would triple your popularity, but It's good that you do xbox only. nobody really does, it's cool to see such a skilled modder working with xbox.
epic modd

XBOX modding halo

Post by epic modd »

to mod halo on xbox means you have to mod the xbox which is dangerous and i dont fell like loseing 200 but i do mod with my freinds xbox seince e boght with a mod chip in it already
promagic

Re: A Night In Bloodgulch v1.1

Post by promagic »

Mallion wrote:I've included some screenshots though they really don't do the level justice. You have to see it in action to really appreciate how much fun it can be. ANIB v1.0 was a very popular download & I received quite a few emails about things that could be better. I've tried to address the things I heard about most from v1.0... I hope you all enjoy the new ANIB v1.1.

For those that are interested I'll also be releasing a Sidewinder mod in the next few days. I've been tweeking it over the last few months & I believe it's finally ready for release. It would have been out a lot sooner but everytime I took it to a lan party, someone else found something wrong. :) Basically, the last lan I went too, everyone loved it and no one found any glitches so it should be out soon.
ok alright these mods are so dam cool i have tried BUT CAN'T to make at least 1 mod work I HAVE HAD TO RELOAD MY GAME 12 TIMES ALREADY IM BEGGING ANY 1 OUT THERE THAT CAN SEND ME A LIST OF STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE MY OWN OR DOWNLOAD SOMEONES ELSES SUCCESFULLY PLEASE ANY ONE ILL DO ANY THING JUST TELL ME HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED MODS [email protected] :cry:
Grendal

Pyre

Post by Grendal »

I really like how you made it nighttime. It's an excellent counter to people that just pistol snipe too much. But it definitely could have been better.

My complaints:
-Messing with rocket launcher
-Messing with Warthog
-Cricket noise is driving me crazy
-turrets

I like to mess around with things as much as the next guy, but I don't like other people deciding what I want to change. For example, The Manipulator (I think) released a bunch of patches called "Spartan Upgrades" and "Force Cannon" or something like that. Every little thing he changed is a separate patch! That way if I want the super jump but not the super punch, it's my choice. It is very easy when you're using PPF-o-Matic to apply multiple patches at once.

I don't know very much about reflexives and offsets and meta and the like or I'd do it myself, but your mod would be by far the best one out there if every thing you changed was a separate patch, like
-Nighttime and sounds (minus that damn cricket. I love the other sounds you added though)
-Improved rocket launcher
-turrets
-improved Warthog
-and anything else I missed.

I don't want to sound too harsh because you did an awesome job, but please, please split this stuff up!

Pyre

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I would be glad to port all of your mods to halopc which would triple your popularity, but It's good that you do xbox only. nobody really does, it's cool to see such a skilled modder working with xbox.
hey i can try also to port these..if u guys still need it.. i might just go ahead and start
modbox14

Post by modbox14 »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I would be glad to port all of your mods to halopc which would triple your popularity, but It's good that you do xbox only. nobody really does, it's cool to see such a skilled modder working with xbox.
hey i can try also to port these..if u guys still need it.. i might just go ahead and start
thats me...sorry wasnt logged in
......Halo 3... kinda sickning... or not ... or so... or not......

Pyre

I Need Help!!!

Post by Guest »

I dont Know How To Download this Mod! :( And If any one of you guys or girls out there Could Help me EMAIL me @ [email protected] As SOON as possible
Thanx A BUNCH to anyone who helps
Dj Suppai Saru

Screenshots

Post by Dj Suppai Saru »

Lol,

Did u take pics of ur screen with ur digicam or sumthin? LMAO
Read the rules before posting a new sig

Pyre

Re: A Night In Bloodgulch v1.1

Post by Guest »

"Guest" wrote:ok alright these mods are so dam cool i have tried BUT CAN'T to make at least 1 mod work I HAVE HAD TO RELOAD MY GAME 12 TIMES ALREADY IM BEGGING ANY 1 OUT THERE THAT CAN SEND ME A LIST OF STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE MY OWN OR DOWNLOAD SOMEONES ELSES SUCCESFULLY PLEASE ANY ONE ILL DO ANY THING JUST TELL ME HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED MODS [email protected] :cry:
Guest wrote:I dont Know How To Download this Mod! :( And If any one of you guys or girls out there Could Help me EMAIL me @ [email protected] As SOON as possible
Thanx A BUNCH to anyone who helps
u people need to read for crying out loud there r freakin instructions all over the place telling u what to do and u go on a forum and ask for help. search google :roll: