The Library for MP - HaloPC - created by MonoxideC

Special mods, make sure you don't miss anything in here!
HORRIMODDER

Post by HORRIMODDER »

Banshee Ace 2 wrote:This is justa suggestion... Can you turn Assault on the Control Room into a Multiplayer Map?
WOW do you know how far that questions gone?
Over there --->
Kamatzu

Droplet Wordewatician 500

Post by Kamatzu »

lol Banshee ace if that question did arise Monos newest convers, THAN THANK YOU! lol
chaos2thewar

Post by chaos2thewar »

ok here i go this is the 101 on instaling this map im gona do it once and only once so read it while u can!!

First of all u will need winrar. and hhht witch can probly both be found in utilities section of the forums.

Now, download the file extract the file with winrar. that means u extract the rar file with winrar. ok??? Now this is only what i have done but i foudn the easyest way to find the ppf files(when u are goign to patch with the hhht program) is if u put the(only the) ppf files for now into the halo maps so u know were it is so its easer to locate them! first you select the hhht program then select the file for example bitmap.map (should be selected at top left of hhht program screen) Then u choose the patch (bitmap ppf not the sound 1) Then u choose the orginal bitmap again for the third collem as a way to unistal the patch after ok (all this is in the top left of the hhht program screen) then on the list (located at the left middle) click the bitmap.map(u may have to scroll down to find it on the list) file and on the other list (located in middle of screen) with the patch click it once (cdouble click the name of patch in middle list) then apply patch (and then ur done bitmap) and do the same with sounds (u have to change the three top left directories to the sound.map the patch then the backup again ) then just take the putput.map file in halo/maps copy it put a copy of it somewere were u wont loose it then take the new putput.map and drag it into the folder then click yes to copy it over itsself and ur done (if u have a ui. file u can patch it the same way as sound and bitmap) any questions!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?:
Kamatzu

Droplet Wordewatician 500

Post by Kamatzu »

Wow make that its own thread, lol that will help a TON of noobs and stop the spam in the files section :roll:
chaos2thewar

Post by chaos2thewar »

yah but there is only 1 problem with that it is that some mods dont have the ppf sound and bitmap because they dont change that mutch about the original map as to haft to have it but w\e im gona make the tread anyway!!
cxzzxc2

Post by cxzzxc2 »

Oh my fucking god. How did you guys manage to install Halo on your own?
search [Show phonetics]

verb [I/T]

to look (somewhere) carefully in order to find something
Dogs were brought in to search the area for survivors.
Teens are often searching for their identity.
Newbies can "search" this site for answers to their questions.
I've seen a lot of questions pertaining to, "what do u mean by replace?", and "Where do I go, I'm stupid and need help".

Imagine if you will. Your harddrive is nothing more than a virtual filing cabinet. Inside your cabinet, you have "folders", and inside each folder is something we call "files". Now folders can also have somthing called "sub-folders". Just imagine in your cabinent that you have a folder called 'Halo'. The insructions for 'Halo' are all written down on paper (will call these files). And when these instructions are called upon, they need resources from other folders. When you click upon Bloodgulch to play Halo, the instructions need to access a folder within it's own folder (sub-folder), will call this folder 'Maps'. Inside that folder is something called 'Bloodgulch.map', essentially, another piece of paper with instructions for your gaming experience. Like a cabinet, you can take these pieces of paper and copy them (xerox), delete them (throw them away), or rename them. It really isn't that hard to understand, really. And if it is, how do you get by when playing Halo? You've gotta be dunce.

Now when they're talking about backing up and replacing Chiron, they mean to say, "Goto the map sub-folder of Halo, right click and create a folder called 'backups', right click on the 'putput.map' (that's Chirons map), select 'copy' (Xerox it!), goto the 'backups' folder, right click and select paste (file copied). Now copy the new 'putput.map' file from the RAR file (more on this below), and paste it into the 'Maps' folder, not the 'backup' folder, and overwrite it (replacing).

All an RAR file is, is a compressed file that contains 1, or many files. An RAR is not a folder. For example, you have 10 MP3's, but you don't want to upload 1 file at a time to a server, so you archive them into 1 RAR file. This way, you're transporting 1 file, instead of 10. When you're downloading 'The Library' RAR, you need to also download a program that can read and understand these RAR files. Get it here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm Now you need install that program, so you can unpack the files from the 'The Library' RAR archive. Similar examples of an RAR file are: CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO. They all do the same thing, they compress 1 or more files into 1 archive, to save space, and for ease of transporting files. It's easier to copy 1 file, then 300 little files.

Just so you know, if you want to know where Halo is installed on your computer, right click the Halo Icon on your desktop, select properties. In the 'target' field, you will see something like, c:\program files\microsoft games\halo\halo.exe The 'halo.exe', remember is a file (a peice of paper with instructions), and the root directory is everything before that -

c:\program files\microsoft games\halo

Maps would be in - c:\program files\microsoft games\halo\maps

This is most likely the case, because a Newbie wouldn't know to install it anywhere else. They just put the CD in and click yes a couple times and all the sudden they have Halo. They don't know how, all they know is that it works. If they're lucky.

All a root directory is, is a base directory, imagine separate mini filing cabinents. Windows has a root directory C:\WINNT or C:\WINDOWS Windows contains sub-folders called C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, etc... with instructions for Windows.

There is so much more that you newbies could use, but I think I covered the basics of files and folders. If you cannot comprehend that, even at the age of 13, that there is probably no hope for you. I was modding the fuck out of the Doom WAD files when I was 13. This stuff isn't that hard.
Mugshot

Post by Mugshot »

Than Monoxide for this CRAZY mod, it is really koo, make more!!!!!!!!!!! :!:
Three lines of text maximum!
devilmingy

Post by devilmingy »

That won't be happening, buddy
{TBD}REAPER

Post by {TBD}REAPER »

hey does anyone know if mono has stopped moddin?

....i hope not
dareme555

Post by dareme555 »

{TBD}REAPER wrote:hey does anyone know if mono has stopped moddin?

....i hope not
yes
Over 3 lines of text. Read the rules before reposting.
whistlingcool

Post by whistlingcool »

I don't think he has stopped, I think he just left halomods (because of the newbs and flaming).
HellRaiser

Location: In the depths of firey hell asking satan for my money back

WHYYY HAVE YOU FORESAKEN ME?!

Post by HellRaiser »

I REAAALLLY NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING!!How come when i use the ppf-o-matic i have to open a .bin file with the .ppf?Has it foresaken me? for goodness sake some one help me. i may sound newb or noob but still I NEED TO KNOW THIS!!SO SKIP THE DAMN HA HAHA YOUR A NEWB CRAP AND TELL ME THE ANSWERS :evil: ! and for those nice to newb questions like this i am very thankful nice ppl still exist on the internet.
Hero

Post by Hero »

When will this be made into a Halo CE map!? This way everyone can play it and enjoy it! I want to play it without losing my Chiron and besides Halo CE is better. PLEASE MAKE IT CEable (lol new word)
Daxter

Re: RAR file???????????????

Post by Daxter »

ME wrote:When I downloaded it i replaced putput but it is a RAR file not a MAP file so it doesn't work... could somebody please tell me what to do? In ENGLISH?
You have to extract it with winrar to a file (doesnt matter what file) then it will be a map file
here is winrar http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/apps/IZArc34.exe
Striker99

Post by Striker99 »

come on give me a hint on where the sun gun is i want to use it :)
The Ice Has Come To Cover The World In Darkness
primobmx

Post by primobmx »

Striker99 wrote:come on give me a hint on where the sun gun is i want to use it :)
LMAO wtf....why do you call it a sun gun....its a damn nuke......walk around and find it on your own .....like me and probably everyone else did
I..only listen to the highest quality "gawthic" industrial.........suck it
KariyaKrazy09

Post by KariyaKrazy09 »

Well im not quite sure how to install this one. its the putput thing that confuses me. i have everything downloaded onto my dekstop, now can u plz give me straight directions for every step u do?
Digikid 2

Post by Digikid 2 »

Someone PLEASE make this for Halo CE. I had a topic regarding it in general HaloCE but some lame-o deleted the topic. :evil:
Sniper 101

Post by Sniper 101 »

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................. You must mean your off-topic topic? Your wrong fourm topic? Your not the only one waiting for it, im just paitent.
orphen

Post by orphen »

Digikid 2 wrote:Someone PLEASE make this for Halo CE. I had a topic regarding it in general HaloCE but some lame-o deleted the topic. :evil:

yeah that whould rock
Image over 500x120. Read the rules before reposting.