BioDrop

The best of the best for Halo 2 Xbox
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

Simply amazing. I haven't seen a mod this good in a while, it looks pretty fun, I'll play it sometime soon.
-Treetoad-

Coagulator Commentator

Post by -Treetoad- »

Oh hell yes.
I'm pulling out the xbox yet again because of you.
Sig over file size limit.
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

now all I need is a free main menu slot to put this bad boy into and test it out.
Remember, Violence is always the answer.
MrBalll

Acolyte Bloodhound Recreator Connoisseur
Illusionist

Post by MrBalll »

Very nice mod, Dark. Really liking the new HUD and the Rocket Hog.
xlRainlx

Illusionist Coagulator Connoisseur

Post by xlRainlx »

freaking sexy. If i wasn't uber grounded I'd make a mod to compete with this one. I guess u got lucky this time :wink:
The Crow has taken flight
Veegie wrote:Crap, forgot to pass it through my xlRainlx-standard check.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

Played it with my brothers and it was amazingly fun.

Good job.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Cool.
C Wizzle
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Post by CaptainPoopface »

OK, I played it, and here's the review (notice how the review comes AFTER playing the mod, people).

NOTE: I make no claim to be able to make a better mod. This is simply my feedback. Understand - because of the quality of the mod, my criticism is of a finer grain than for most other mods. There is always room for improvement.

Good stuff:
- Effects edits are usually obvious for their overkill, but I think you've been very tasteful. The green Ghost hover and boost are overdone and distracting, but the new firing effects, colors and sounds make the weapons like new.
- Weapon skins all look very nice, appropriate to the map. I especially like the banged up BR and the plasma rifles. For the first time, the plasma rifle does not look like a gimpy squirt gun with combs sticking out the sides.
- Vehicle and map skins all look consistent. Everything looks like it belongs where it is.
- Excellent fog, lighting and ambience. I can almost endure playing on Terminal now.
- Reticles are refreshingly new. I'm surprised what a difference the subtle change makes. Most of the HUD looks clean and streamlined. But....

Not so good:
- The arched ammo/heat/age meter intersects the barrel of many weapons, and this is a critical error IMO. It's as if something is always in the way of where you're aiming. I think you should change the FOV in general, or for each of the long-barreled weapons, or just reposition that meter above or below the reticle, and smaller. This is my biggest gripe about the mod.
- When dual wielding, having both the ammo counts on the right side is a little confusing.
- The rocket hog lags the game when it fires, because of the 4 smoke trails and other rocket effects it has to crank out at once. Stagger the rate of fire or scale down those effects, or find some other way to get rid of the lag. Also, the rockets do not go where the reticles indicate; they go toward the vanishing point. So I'd say change the reticle.
- The "night vision" scopes on the BR and SR aren't so much like night vision as like having an obnoxious green fog screen in your way. Interesting idea but I don't think the execution works.
- No changes to the grenades? Buzzkill. This spoils the mood of the mod and yanks it back to classic (tired) H2. The plasma grenades at least should be something different.
- I wish you had done something to the plasma pistol and put it in, because it complements the needler and plasma rifle.

Very good job overall. Put this mod on a smaller map like Elongation, Desolation, Tombstone, Zanzi, Ascension, Beaver, Coag, or all of the above and I'll make room on my mainmenu. These days I think it is impossible to get enough players to make Terminal playable.
Retired. Thank you neodos, DemonicSandwich, DarkShallFall, Dragonfire, foxfanatic2317, GOWO and everyone in the hall of fame.
If you want to know how I did something, take apart my mods.
DarkShallFall

Artisan Recreator Trickster Connoisseur
Advisor Pyre Renovator Sigma
Snitch! Enthraller New Age Miner

Post by DarkShallFall »

Its always nice to have some constructive criticism.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- The arched ammo/heat/age meter intersects the barrel of many weapons, and this is a critical error IMO. It's as if something is always in the way of where you're aiming. I think you should change the FOV in general, or for each of the long-barreled weapons, or just reposition that meter above or below the reticle, and smaller. This is my biggest gripe about the mod.
I didnt see a problem with it. I didnt add that ammo meter to the scope on the snipers for that same reason, but I never saw an issue with it while playing.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- When dual wielding, having both the ammo counts on the right side is a little confusing.
The simple fact is that the number amount changes on the number components the text goes from left to right and if I put the other ammo counter on the left side it would collide with the ammo meter when you have a large amount of ammo.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- The rocket hog lags the game when it fires
I never noticed that at all.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- The "night vision" scopes on the BR and SR aren't so much like night vision as like having an obnoxious green fog screen in your way. Interesting idea but I don't think the execution works.
Thats true but I wanted to do something new and not done before. This is a semi dark map and the night vision kind of fits.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- No changes to the grenades? Buzzkill. This spoils the mood of the mod and yanks it back to classic (tired) H2. The plasma grenades at least should be something different.
I didn't feel that the grenades should have been altered. I will take that up in my next mod though.
CaptainPoopface wrote: - I wish you had done something to the plasma pistol and put it in, because it complements the needler and plasma rifle.
Yea thats true but I didn't see anything to do to it that would help this mod. I personally hate the plasma pistol but thinking about it now there some cool stuff that can be done with it. I had some ideas for it eary on but most didn't fit or work well.

I will take all this info and make sure to apply them to my next map.

Thanks.
Iron_Forge wrote:I assume I won?..I should get an emblem...
herger

Post by herger »

only one word man. AMAZING! i seriously admire you..i h8 H3 so much...& u are one of very few still keeping halo2 alive.ur an amazing modder & i would LOVE too see more mods from u & even try them out with u.i make mods myself.but i am nothing compared to you.
M715ForLife

Post by M715ForLife »

Im downloading it as I type.... :D
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

That beam rifle skin is good enough to orgasm over. jk jk
CptnNsan0

Stylist Snitch! Collaborator Commentator

Post by CptnNsan0 »

great job on this mod Dark. It feels a bit empty though. Destroyed Vehicles or some more cover would have made it perfect
Not Removing This
foxfanatic23I7

Stylist Advisor Coroner Connoisseur

Post by foxfanatic23I7 »

It's Deec...Lol jk, I'm back guys for a while anyway. I like it but I'm sure you can do better Dark. 8.5/10, and get better at skinning :P.
antszy101

Stylist Critic

Post by antszy101 »

FoxFanatic still lives? :shock:
lol. Dark, I think that if custom BSP is ever cracked your gonna have a field day akin to a 5th grader on his last day of school before summer break.
^in a completely good complimentary way^ =p
UR MAST3R

Stylist Picasso Connoisseur

Post by UR MAST3R »

This looks amazing. I might have to get out my xbox to play this.
P8ntballer24

Coagulator Droplet

Location: United States Total Posts: 1,039 .... Team: Brok3n Halo

Post by P8ntballer24 »

Nice skinning!
.: | P8ntball | :. .: | Halo Derby | :.
Call 610-Hot-Luis for a wild and sexy chat. Only 10 cents a minute. Must be 18 or older to call.
Ebshadow

Post by Ebshadow »

Best mod that i have played this year!
Hawaiian Modder

Pi Connoisseur

Post by Hawaiian Modder »

Looks amazing, Dusting off my xbox right now, getting ready to play this bad boy.
Thanks lej for the sig.
Dr.Cox wrote:I like Cox.
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

if i ever get around to unbricking my modbox this is the first thing going on the 250g HDD