AI Epic Battle: by TheTyckoMan (The 7th Sanctum)

The best of the best for Halo 2 Xbox

is it any good?

yes but........(post why)
13%
no
4%
I think it's outstanding!!!
77%
I think that this is all because somebody made an app to do dependency swaping
6%

Total votes: 240

The seizureboi

Post by The seizureboi »

yo it not workin for me wen i use ppf-o-matic thers no change, iso is map right? and patch would be the dled file? if someone could archive the map with the ppf applied that would be great other wise could someone help me?
benheadp2

Re: Gamesave

Post by benheadp2 »

RAFAZUM X wrote:Hey, i copied the gamesave to e:/UDATA/4d530064/ , but when i fire up halo 2, select your profile, go to campeighn and continue, its just the regular map without the extra ai ect?

Could you help out please, this mod looks awsome, and i wanna give it a whirl, but , until i get it to work, i cant:P

Thanks in advance, and GJ!
That's because you didn't install it correctly...
Did you really copy the .ppf file to the UDATA folder? That's not how you do it.

You need to DL the .map file from your XBOX to PC, then open patch it w/ the .ppf file that you downloaded, fix the encryption of the .map, rename the .map file on your XBOX (i recommend adding a "_original.map" top the end of the filename), then copy the patched .map back to your xbox. -- I always rename .maps so I don't lose the original one.

Oh yeah, and if you don't know how to do these steps, read a tutorial er two, instead of asking how in this forum. That's what the tuts are for... i feel ya though bro, i'm a n00b modder too... havent made any of my own, yet...
"Hey guys, remember that one time I posted in Halomods.com? That was cool..."
RAFAZUM X

Re: Gamesave

Post by RAFAZUM X »

benheadp2 wrote:
RAFAZUM X wrote:Hey, i copied the gamesave to e:/UDATA/4d530064/ , but when i fire up halo 2, select your profile, go to campeighn and continue, its just the regular map without the extra ai ect?

Could you help out please, this mod looks awsome, and i wanna give it a whirl, but , until i get it to work, i cant:P

Thanks in advance, and GJ!
That's because you didn't install it correctly...
Did you really copy the .ppf file to the UDATA folder? That's not how you do it.

You need to DL the .map file from your XBOX to PC, then open patch it w/ the .ppf file that you downloaded, fix the encryption of the .map, rename the .map file on your XBOX (i recommend adding a "_original.map" top the end of the filename), then copy the patched .map back to your xbox. -- I always rename .maps so I don't lose the original one.

Oh yeah, and if you don't know how to do these steps, read a tutorial er two, instead of asking how in this forum. That's what the tuts are for... i feel ya though bro, i'm a n00b modder too... havent made any of my own, yet...
No offense, but im not talking about patching the map, if youd read my post carefully youd see that i was talking about the gamesave for this mod, which goes in the halo 2 gamesave folder, which is in UDATA/4d530064. The gamesave isnt working for me, and i was asking about that, not the ppf, thanks anyway.
benheadp2

Post by benheadp2 »

what gamesave? i reread this entire topic and i see no mention of a gamesave for this mod... i am assuming you are talking about the Epic Battle mod, right? If so, and if you are putting anything in the e:/udata folder, youre in the wrong place... if you are talking about a gametype/profile mod for this map, yes, e:/udata is the place, but i'd like to know what mod you are talking about... sorry for any confusion
Egyptian__God_Keeper2005

Post by Egyptian__God_Keeper2005 »

When I did the Action Replay version of this, I defeated every sword Elite...but the snipers never showed up!
RAFAZUM X

Post by RAFAZUM X »

Thuggalo420DL wrote:I made this into a game save if anyone's interested. You can download it here
That, on the seventh page of this topic, is what im talking about
benheadp2

Post by benheadp2 »

Oh, i see what you are talking about! :roll: Sorry, I missed that post...

haven't modded it that way... i just did it the .ppf way... maybe you should try the same -- it's a lot easier than you think, if that's what you're worried about...
RAFAZUM X

Post by RAFAZUM X »

nah im not worried about that, i used to mod halo, and halo ce all the time, made stuff like the hovertank and talkin ai lol, that was fun, ahh, good times:P aaaneeeway its just that my ftp cuts out whiles tansferring large files and it sez connection aborted (serverside, i.e. xbox) and sooo, u see my problem, ive reconfigured my router ect , but it wont ftp large files, ive also tried differant clients, with passive mode on and off ect, with/without firewall, no luck, anyway, i dont get much time to mod, otherwise id be modding halo2 instead of playing mods 4 it, thats why im trying to get the gamesave to work.

Thanks anyway:)
vince114

How do i add these things onto my xbox

Post by vince114 »

How do i add these things onto my xbox???
peace35

Location: you see that house accross the street? ......and the dumpster next to it?

Post by peace35 »

HOLY CRAP!!! this is the single best mod iv ever seen. cant give a rating high enough for this masterpiece
gruntboy

Post by gruntboy »

Krush wrote:this honestly makes me want a modded xbox.
I know I just cant cause a modchip plus everything else I have to do with it adds up to like $400 so I gotta see if I can learn how to softmod
RAFAZUM X

Post by RAFAZUM X »

softmodding is easy if you have an action replay , just go to the xbox-hq forums, and look for softmod dulux
=SMG=WRAITH

Post by =SMG=WRAITH »

i beat it! OH YAH! on legendary to. its easy. just jump on top of a car and the elites cant get you then just shoot them its fun
Julien0012

Post by Julien0012 »

could someone explain to me exactly what i need to do and downlaod and all to get this MoD working. :?: ..iv tryed about 50 times tryng to get it to work...Im a noob
teeth dude

Post by teeth dude »

what program should be used to open up .ppf
I wanted to know so i could watch it myself. :D
teeth dude

Post by teeth dude »

how do you connect your X-box up to your computer and mod it. :roll:
Asif5th

Post by Asif5th »

yeah man, can someone give me a link to that tutorial or give me a more indepth lesson of how you patch this stuff pl34s3?
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

hey i was just wondering what tools this guy used to make this mod. if anyone could tell me please let me know and how he did it with those tool thanks.
Evolved

Snitch! Vector

Post by Evolved »

Don't bump old topics please...

But to answer your question, please check out the thread in "Halo 2 Downloads" forum. At the top of the page it says, "All Halo 2 Applications"

Go there and find what you need.

Any more questions should be asked either at the "New Users Click Here" forum, or the "Tech Questions & Problems" forum.
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

thanks