[Mod][App] Onyx - Halo 2 Map Builder

The best of the best for Halo 2 Xbox
MATTMAN662

Re: [Mod][App] Onyx - Halo 2 Map Builder

Post by MATTMAN662 »

I was wondering if you can texture objects before injecting them into halo 2 and if yes then how to? I have tryed texturing them with Misfit and then injecting them with Entity and it doesn't seem to inject the textures with it. (if it can be done) Could someone please write a complete tutorial on this or something because I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S> Could someone also write a tutorial on how to fix the U and V (how to get textures to tile) ect.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

MATTMAN662 wrote:I was wondering if you can texture objects before injecting them into halo 2 and if yes then how to? I have tryed texturing them with Misfit and then injecting them with Entity and it doesn't seem to inject the textures with it. (if it can be done) Could someone please write a complete tutorial on this or something because I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S> Could someone also write a tutorial on how to fix the U and V (how to get textures to tile) ect.
You need to UV map it.

http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=785
MATTMAN662

Post by MATTMAN662 »

Ok I tried following this tutorial that eaton posted the link to but I dont get part of it, I mean I understand what the tutorial is saying but all the tutorials I can find are all about UV Mapping Guns, models that are used to make new maps are different, the bitm that a gun uses has all the parts in one bitm but bitms used for maps are all seperate. DarkshallFall I saw that you built that model you posted the pictures of on remanent mods with 3DS Max and imported it into halo 2, how did you get the textures into the map in the right places on the model? I can't seem to figure this out and I have spent hours trying to do this. Please Help! I followed the tutorial link posted above but when I export the bitmap using the texporter It dosn't bring the textures with the model. Could someone please help me it would be much appreciated!
MATTMAN662

Post by MATTMAN662 »

What do you mean shader groups?
JacksonCougAr wrote:Shader Groups.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

You have to define sections of your mesh to use a separate material group, then link materials to those sections: which means each material will use its own bitmap. Then wherever you need a certain material you just add that section of mesh into the material group with the material you want to use.