(Halo 1)Beginning Skinning Kit

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.

Is this a good idea

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 73

CovenantSpy

(Halo 1)Beginning Skinning Kit

Post by CovenantSpy »

Ok here is my Beginning Skinning Kit for all those n00bs out there who need help.

The Kit includes:
-A beginning Worthog Texture that you can change the colors on to your liking.
-Links to a Paint Shop Pro 8 trail Download
-A link to the dds. Plugin for Paint Shop pro 8
-Tutorial on How to Skin

Links to things in kit-

-Paint Shop Pro 8 Free Trial
http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/?
(be sure to download the right thing on that page. You want the Free Trail)

-dds. Plugin For Paint Shop Pro 8
http://www.halocity.org/skindeep/files/dds_plugin.zip

Here is a picture of the beginning texture.
Attachments
Skinning Tutorial.zip
Skinning Tutorial
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 1798 times
Beginning Hog Texture.zip
Beginning Hog Texture
(65.08 KiB) Downloaded 2835 times
The stupid grunt

Post by The stupid grunt »

this is a great idea
this should definitly be stickyed
no more noobs asking how to skin...
MILENKO

Post by MILENKO »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D I have asked SO many people how they did their skins, and now you have givin me a(limited) skinning oppertunity, thank you so much :D :D :D :!: :!: :D
Tucker 1/2

Post by Tucker 1/2 »

That is so awsome!!!! :D :D :D :D :shock: 8) :D :) :)
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

Thanks for the good replies people and I agree this really should be stickied because everyone hates it when n00bs bug us on how to skin skinning so please can a moderater please sticky this for everyones reference.

Also if requested I will make a bginning skin for other vehicles.
snaggle

Post by snaggle »

Hey i know you guys dont like noobs but i am one of them. How do u actually put the final skined vhiecle onto the game and actually use it? Please mesage me. oh you were all noobs at some point!
Thanks.
X_GotU2_X

Post by X_GotU2_X »

snaggle wrote:Hey i know you guys dont like noobs but i am one of them. How do u actually put the final skined vhiecle onto the game and actually use it? Please mesage me. oh you were all noobs at some point!
Thanks.
OK since your the n00b i saw post how to skin yesterday i will tell you!

Open hmt open a .map file (bloodgulch.map, etc.) go to the vehicle you want to skin save to desktop. then open it from desktop then you skin it. after you skin it open hmt back up (if you closed it) open the same .map file you chose go to the vehicle you just skinned and press inject texture. then it will open a box and choose the file on your desktop that you skinned and SAVED and choose to inject that.. and when you open halo find the vehicle you skinned and it should be the way ya put it :wink:
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

Everything from making the skin and applying is in the tutorial. Is anyone interested in other beginning skins for other vehicles?
Rawnblade

Post by Rawnblade »

Hey. I'm completely new to modding, but am sorta kinda getting the hang of it. My really big project that I've started is a yellow banshee mod, but I dunno how to change the skins/do anything else, lol.

A banshee skin would be nice.

Great idea, btw
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

Ok a beginning banshee skin...I will try to have it done by the end of this week probably sooner. It takes time to separate the banshee's bitmap section by section but i will get it done as soon as possible.
rwtf-glif

Post by rwtf-glif »

if u download a crack there is no limmit for using it (try www.downloads.com i dunno if it is there but a crack always works )
Oversized Sig
rwtf-glif

Post by rwtf-glif »

when i try to open the warthog in psp it ses : the specified can not be indentified as a supported type
help :? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oversized Sig
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

rwtf-glif wrote:if u download a crack there is no limmit for using it (try www.downloads.com i dunno if it is there but a crack always works )
First off what are you talking about? Are you suggesting that I crack paint shop pro and get a longer trial? Hell no.

That is against the law and besides I allready bought the full version. So please dont talk about such things on my topic.

For your problem, be sure that you but the dds. plugin into your plugins folder.
rwtf-glif

Post by rwtf-glif »

i don't have that folder i do have the plugin
Oversized Sig
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

Ok the folder your looking for is with the Paint Shop Pro files. Go to where ever you installed it to and its in there. Just but the plugin in the plugin folder thats where you installed paint shop pro.
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

Ok the folder your looking for is with the Paint Shop Pro files. Go to where ever you installed it to and its in there. Just but the plugin in the plugin folder thats where you installed paint shop pro.
CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

CovenantSpy

Post by CovenantSpy »

rwtf-glif

Post by rwtf-glif »

i instald it into halomods 2 (map where i place halo mods ) and all there is from psp is psp and data1 i placed it in data but it still doesnt work
Oversized Sig
KingNothing579

Post by KingNothing579 »

I can't open the .map files wiht my HMT3...
It says that it's not a valid Halo map file, what's wrong???