Eschaton v3 Source Code

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Eschaton v3 Source Code

Post by Altimit01 »

Well it's that time again. Code from 0.5 and 0.6. Eschaton 0.7 uses a different code base.

Code is a Realbasic project. A cross platform proprietary basic dialect and integrated development environment.

Version 3 refers to the internal structure of the application. The original bit of code I wrote way back when was v1, and 0.3 was v2 with the ability to handle reflexives and now v3 with a lot more power and redesigned system for reading the map.

Code is derived from a great many different sources. Some code is translated from MonoxideC's HMT, some code is borrowed from Bob's source of sparkedit mac which in turn includes and derives code from Grenadiac. Conure and Cloud had input at various points. DeToX was responsible for having entity style tags added. Harry Hooie developed the smart splitter control which is utilized. The quesa3D project is responsible for the quicktime/OGL abilities. And I did the rest.

I don't like half of the way this program does things but it works. There's a good amount of unused code for various reasons. Abandoned research and redundant implementations. Still it should provide a useful resource for those willing and able to learn.

Without full ownership of the code I can't really GPL this bad boy but I ask that anyone who does use it for their own stuff either provide source or teach people how they did what they did.

Included are all the essential files needed to compile the code although relinking of resource images may be necessary.
Attachments
Source Release.zip
Eschatonv3 Source Code
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire