[PC] Infection

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

[PC] Infection

Post by Patrickh »

Well I've been learning the ways of programming/the map file over the past little while and this is what I came up with. First of all, I would like to thank Altimit01 and conure for giving me a tremendous amout of help learning about the map file. I've decided to release v1 of what i haveso far, because im bored with it....

What is it?
Its a program designed specifically for swapping dependencies and lone ids.

Wtf are lone ids?
Lone IDs are ID values in a tag's metadata referencing to another tag in the map file, similar to dependencies. The difference is that unlike dependencies who follow a structure, they are just IDs floating around in the metadata.

So, why is this anything special?
Infection has a few things that other dependency swappers don't have. For example, using infection, simply double click a dependency or lone IDand it will load that tag, as in, select that tag in the tree view, and load its dependencies/lone ids. For instance you click the ghost tag, and see it's model dependency. Just double click that dependency to see what shaders the model uses. then you can double click one of the shaders to see what bitmaps it uses. It is also unique because no other programs that i know of support the swapping of lone IDs.

Is that it?
Not yet... Not only does infection open single player, multiplayer, and UI maps, it also fully supports Custom Edition maps! Also, you can select and swap multiple dependencies/loneIDs at a time.
Random bit of info: when you swap a dependency/lone ID, the tag which you are editing as well as it's parent node will turn red for reference.

Will it work on mac?
no, sorry

Bugs/limitations?
I'm still working on the BSP, alt outlined its reflexive structure for me though and I can pretty much get it to work, although it's not supported in this release, sorry.
It's limited in that I'm having problems getting it to run on lower frameworks, although if you have the most updated framework, it should run fine.
It may also have a multitude of other random bugs seeing as how my programming skills are not as honed as others...
If it takes a while loading a tag (specifically the scnr) then that is because the entire appy uses no tag maps, it just scans metadata.

Pics Plz?

Attachments
Infection.rar
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Last edited by Patrickh on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
conure says: or i could jsut incase my shoes in papar mache, followed by my dog
|||Lethargy||| Mr. Mohawk|||
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
SuperSnorky

Post by SuperSnorky »

Cool.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Lol you took that name from me lol :p. Anyways, good job, only thing I don't like is the black :p.
UPS

Post by UPS »

Is it contagious?
[/cornyjoke]

Pretty cool. gj
Sounds easier to use than HHT--downloaded.
jordanman615

Post by jordanman615 »

That looks awesome 9.5/10 keep up great work, i can really have any idea of how ot makei t better
Been modding Halo since 2002!
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Cryticfarm wrote:Lol you took that name from me lol :p. Anyways, good job, only thing I don't like is the black :p.
It's a different color every time you open it, so it will be be back roughly 1 in 729,000 times you open it.

=P

plus in the pic its dark blue
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

hmmm, i am wondering if this could get integrated into a plug in for HMT?
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Pretty Damn Cool. :)

Apart from the fact that it doesn't work. :|
When I load it, it says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. :?
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
moonmike

Post by moonmike »

sweet thanks
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

:( I told you so...
Attachments
*sadface*
*sadface*
err.jpg (382.54 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
BOB{MOD}

Post by BOB{MOD} »

lol tht is crapy 4 u philly but i like it so far (in the options tab you should select a color instead of a random color, like a dropdown bar and colores)

Post by Guest »

how about a button that opens a color picker that is located in the same tab as random color.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

bcnipod wrote:hmmm, i am wondering if this could get integrated into a plug in for HMT?
please tell me you're joking...
Philly wrote:When I load it, it says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close.
What framework do you have? Try downloading the latest.

At your color ideas, I might wip that up, since that type of stuff is really easy to code.
edit: done, there is now an option to choose the color, and also, when you start it up it uses the color you last had
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

I am now downlaoding the .net framework version 2.0. Will this help? I'll edit if it does. :)
Tyler777

Post by Tyler777 »

i would loive a mac version of this to play with my PC is in the shop atm
Will it work on mac?
no, sorry
o well... guess nothing good ever goes to mac...
Signature text exceeded 3 Lines text+Image.
BOB{MOD}

Post by BOB{MOD} »

nice update, nows i like it
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

Just noticed that you mentioned it's the only program to swap loneIDs. I can confirm that's not true. Eschaton and HMT for mac both allow swapping of loneIDs, but interpret them as dependencies (so you'll see random non-standard characters for the class type).

Curious on CE maps. How are you handling indexed tags? (tags that are listed in the index but don't exist in the map itself)

Edit: mind if I borrow some of the new design elements of this? I think they're good ideas.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

@philly: it would definately not work if you had less than 2.0, so that may help. please keep me posted on that

@alt: didn't realize those programs had full lone id support, oh well. I'll have to check out the CE map issue because ever since i reinstalled CE (still doesn't run for some reason on my computer, but i can still develop for it cause of your godly program) I don't have any maps but stock, and 1 or two custom, which i used for all my testing/research. Do you mean a tag can be in the index and not actually in the map file? are you saying it would have no metadata and just an offset pointing to where it would be? could you give an example (like a map to dl and the tag in which this occurs or something) cus i'd like to look into that... thanks for the input, and of course all the help in the first place :)
and of course you can take anything you want from this 8)
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

Just convert a map with harbinger and check the foundones.txt file. All of those tags in the CE map don't exist. They just have an index number as opposed to an offset. I explain a bit how that works in the harbinger thread.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Altimit01 wrote:Just convert a map with harbinger and check the foundones.txt file. All of those tags in the CE map don't exist. They just have an index number as opposed to an offset. I explain a bit how that works in the harbinger thread.
i see
i can just readthe ce flag and if it's one, its not in the mapfile? thats really simple

edit: ok i implemented the reading of the indexed tags, so now they no longer show up in the tree/etc. but now that i think about it, i cant really think of any reason i shouldn't just leave them getting read as normal. since they are all bitmaps, sounds, and strings, etc. they don't really contain any dependencies, but would be useful to still have in the tree in case they are referenced to by other tags... I think I'm going to actually stick with the way it was previously, objections? (and yes i understand it wont be calculating their metasize/reading metadata correctly because of the lack of offset, but thats ok, i don't really need it anyway.)