Harbinger

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

conure wrote:Fun link:

http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?showforum=10

Also it still wasnt terribly hard to convert maps before harbinger, but harbinger does make it faster even if it does replace the old school method that some of us got good at...
I agree, it was not that hard to do once you knew what do for it.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

Loor wrote:Hehe, About this app.
Its great, CE maps rock. (Well the ones that work on PPC anyway. I wish coldsnap worked *sigh*)
Anyway, i tried to convert a few UI's the other day, and got an error.

NilObjectException or something. Any ideas?
That's odd. I'm assuming you're saying the program had an error. That really shouldn't happen as long as the maps are clean, the program is in it's folder and you're not messing around with any of the files during the process. Although if the map just failed to work, then you'll probably need to switch to using the find all option.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
manycoatsmg

Grrr!

Post by manycoatsmg »

This is sweet! I downloaded it(I've got a mac) and when I try to convert "Coagulation" it says: An Exeption of the Class OutOfBoundsExeption was not handled. The application must shut down. If anyone knows how to fix this plz help

Great program!

~Dementor from Halo Mac~
Altimit01

Post by Altimit01 »

Double check to see if that map is protected. Open it in a map editor and see if all the tags are named <Protected>. If it is then you can't convert it.
Tyler777

Post by Tyler777 »

Altimit01 wrote:Double check to see if that map is protected. Open it in a map editor and see if all the tags are named <Protected>. If it is then you can't convert it.
yeah its proteted :D i had permision to convert it when the old method was used and i converted it so you will have to find the link somewhere or mabee i could just uploda when i get time
Signature text exceeded 3 Lines text+Image.
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

Thanks, can you guys maybe name one unprotected map? I went to Halo CE Maps and downloaded Zanzibar, but that doesn't seem to work either. I just want to have at least one map working. If I get one map to convert, I'll know its not just the program.

Thanks!

EDIT: What editing program would you recommend? I have HMT HHK, and Eschaton.(for Mac)
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

I still have it and could upload it sometime this week for you.
Website
Altimit01

Post by Altimit01 »

Here is a link to a list of working maps. HMT or Eschaton would work while HHK would crash, and all you have to do is check the names of the tags. Takes maybe a couple of seconds. I suppose I could make a ver1.1 that would take care of all of this. And a few other small fixes. Not really needed though.
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

Altimit01 wrote:Here is a link to a list of working maps. HMT or Eschaton would work while HHK would crash, and all you have to do is check the names of the tags. Takes maybe a couple of seconds. I suppose I could make a ver1.1 that would take care of all of this. And a few other small fixes. Not really needed though.
btw I should post that list here since I did that.
Website
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

I saw that list before, but I tried H2_Zanzibar on both Mac Harbinger and Pc Harbinger, and Mac gives an error message, but PC seems to work fine. Problem is, the Pc Zanzibar won't work with mac :cry:

I also tried h2_bloodgulch, but failure.

If there is a way to fix the error message on the mac that would be great.

btw: Does Harbinger let you play the map that you convert, or can you only use it for tags?

If you can't figure out how to fix the error message, just a copy of a converted h2_zanzibar for mac would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks for your support,

~Dementor~

EDIT: does PPC stand for Power PC?

Another Edit: Altimit01, is there anything I would need to change, tag wise? I'm new to modding, so if you could give me step by step instructions on how to edit or look at tags, that would be superb! Thanks!
Altimit01

Post by Altimit01 »

PPC does mean PowerPC. There's a good selection of maps out there that don't work on PPC but do work on Intel. The converted maps are supposed to be fully playable. There's nothing necessary to editing the tags for conversion. If it's not protected then it should convert. If it's playable on your computer then it should work. I really haven't been able to track down any other glaring issues (aside from mac conversions needing to have .map added).
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

manycoatsmg wrote:I saw that list before, but I tried H2_Zanzibar on both Mac Harbinger and Pc Harbinger, and Mac gives an error message, but PC seems to work fine. Problem is, the Pc Zanzibar won't work with mac :cry:

I also tried h2_bloodgulch, but failure.

If there is a way to fix the error message on the mac that would be great.

btw: Does Harbinger let you play the map that you convert, or can you only use it for tags?

If you can't figure out how to fix the error message, just a copy of a converted h2_zanzibar for mac would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks for your support,

~Dementor~

EDIT: does PPC stand for Power PC?

Another Edit: Altimit01, is there anything I would need to change, tag wise? I'm new to modding, so if you could give me step by step instructions on how to edit or look at tags, that would be superb! Thanks!
well if you read the pictures you will see that H2 Zanzibar, I classicied as it did not work on PPC which does stand for Power PC. That means you cannot use Windows on it.
Website
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

bcnipod wrote:well if you read the pictures you will see that H2 Zanzibar, I classicied as it did not work on PPC which does stand for Power PC. That means you cannot use Windows on it.
I have an intel Mac Mini, and yet none of the maps convert. Have you had this problem?

I'll download it again just to make sure it wasn't the download.

~Dementor~
Altimit01

Post by Altimit01 »

Just to double check, you are adding the .map extension after it converts and are not messing with the files during the conversion process.
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

Yes! I got it to work!

When it said "save as" I changed the name from bloodgulch to Zanzibar-something, but I think I was supposed to just leave it as bloodgulch.

Anyway, thanks for the great support and you deal with n00bs quite well, as I am one.

Once again, thanks!

~Dementor~
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

Sorry I'm double posting, but I ran into more problems.

First, once the map is converted, where does it go? the Maps folder?

When I started up Halo and started the game the program quits on me!

EDIT: The map converted, I added the .map extension, and replaced it with bloodgulch.map in my maps folder. I start the game and it crashes. Should I replace Zanzibar with a map other than bloodgulch?
Altimit01

Post by Altimit01 »

Just save it as bloodgulch. Don't mess with the name or the maps. Make sure the maps folder you're using is clean (no mods or conversions or anything). Once the program tells you it's done converting add the .map extension. Then put your new bloodgulch.map file in your maps folder. It should work from there.
manycoatsmg

Post by manycoatsmg »

I got H2_Bloodgulch to work. I'll try Zanzibar. thanks.

EDIT: H2_Zanzibar does not work.
josh_angfromhobart

Post by josh_angfromhobart »

what do i do i converted hugeass to wizard and put it in my docs, i waited till it finished then i put .map on it and put it into a clean map folder for halo
i started wizard and the game crashed :(
what do i do
Loor

Post by Loor »

Many maps do not work for PPC, and the other half doesn't work at all.
There is many maps out there that work on PPC though, and hugeass is not one of them. Goodluck.
Quote of the month:
who is FTW and what mod of him get 10/10 - White-Elite