Eschaton 0.4.1(.2-ish) Source

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Eschaton 0.4.1(.2-ish) Source

Post by Altimit01 »

First off, the method for finding offsets and such is wrong. That's why you keep seeing +4 all over the place. Second, this code contains derivatives of the HMT source, some stuff from DeToX and bits and pieces from Bob's SparkEdit so I'm not claiming full credit for it. All of the UI hack-arounds are me though.

I see editors as having 3 levels of sophistication.
1: Window based. All of the files and methods are bound to the main editing window and lack the power of OOP.
2: Class based. The map file is read as distinct but static classes. Editing and finding of a given meta is simple, but it's very difficult to add content. (HMT rebuilding is a pain because of this.)
3: RAM/Class hybrid. The map file is again class based, but is stored completely in RAM and can thus be manipulated on a higher level. Adding tags is simple because the offsets and relationships aren't created yet. Once saved, the map is built from the list of tags stored in RAM. (HHK.)

This source is an ugly level 1 program. 0.5 is somewhere around 1.9 almost 2. Still ugly. Eventually I'll rewrite the backend again once the current version fully supports important tag concepts like rebuilding, raw data, bitmaps and sounds to make it a more powerful level 3 editor. For now, have fun with this.

Feel free to use, abuse, distribute and destroy how so ever you choose. Just make sure to give credit where credit is due.
Attachments
0.4.1 Source.zip
Source
(198.58 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
HalotrailBloodgulch

Post by HalotrailBloodgulch »

sounds nice but I not goning to download it yet tell I git my stuff to geather.