UNHI editor

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
OrionWarrior

Post by OrionWarrior »

It is nice, and will help, but it is so easy to do, I don't thinkyou need a tool for that.
conure

Enthraller Articulatist 250

Post by conure »

OrionWarrior wrote:It is nice, and will help, but it is so easy to do, I don't thinkyou need a tool for that.
Explain how to do it with default proggies/plugins...

Fun Fact: you CANT with out hex editing it.
This program was made because no one did know how to do this really, or those that did didn't feel like sharing.
Halomods member wrote:tags meta? There is no such thing for Halo PC.
OrionWarrior

Post by OrionWarrior »

conure wrote:
OrionWarrior wrote:It is nice, and will help, but it is so easy to do, I don't thinkyou need a tool for that.
Explain how to do it with default proggies/plugins...

Fun Fact: you CANT with out hex editing it.
This program was made because no one did know how to do this really, or those that did didn't feel like sharing.
Sorry, I read better the first post, I thought that was to other thing, sorry ;)
Blarg-Blarg-Blarg!
Readers Club

Post by Blarg-Blarg-Blarg! »

I noticed my post was still not acknoledged. How do I make it all the same color?!
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

use the old app
Using it I made a fully green HUD in roughly five minutes. Just use the Replace function on a hex editor.
Quick tut:
select one of the halo defaults built into the app
make sure you check swap endian
go to your hex editor and in the replace tool type in the value the app gives you
then, in the app, make a color.
go back to the hex editor and type in the new value from the app.
hit replace all
bam.
do that for all the defaults that come with the app. the only things left unchanged will be the game icon, and the text/icons
the gametype icon is a bitmap, and the others are floats (i made an HMT plugin that edits them, in the utilities section)
to make the text match your other colors exactly, type in the rgb values you used earlier and then use the HMT values it gives you.
that should be it! contact me if you have any problems

btw: thanks to altimit01, I've gotten a lot better at understanding map file structure and programming, and I've been experimenting. I have this so far:
Nothing but meta swaps and tag class edits! Woohoo!

anyways, the point is, I could prolly make a better app. for now, if you want accurate HUD editing, I recommend eschaton. If you want 50 times faster but not as accurate editing, use the method I described earlier. Best results would be to use this, then do any details with eschaton.
conure says: or i could jsut incase my shoes in papar mache, followed by my dog
|||Lethargy||| Mr. Mohawk|||
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
Pepsi

Snitch! Wordewatician 500

Post by Pepsi »

Life is not how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

What you talking about? Is the color picker dialog messed up on windows or something? Because on a mac you have the option of using pretty high quality color dialogs (like being able to switch between the circle, crayon, rgb sliders among other things). Granted you're still restricted to 32-bit color.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Altimit01 wrote:What you talking about? Is the color picker dialog messed up on windows or something? Because on a mac you have the option of using pretty high quality color dialogs (like being able to switch between the circle, crayon, rgb sliders among other things). Granted you're still restricted to 32-bit color.
What are you talking about :P

By accuracy i'm not referring to the range of colors you can pick from, I'm refering to the fact that with eschaton you can do things like make the AR crosshairs blue and the pistol crosshairs green. The windows color picker dialog is fine. eschaton is more accurate because you can edit everything you want, but to change the whole hud could take a long time. That is why i suggested combining them by changing the whole hud to a color to work off of, then use eschaton to do any specific editing needed. :wink: Wait... is that what you were talking about?
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Go Patricks, go!
...left for good
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Patrickssj6 wrote:Go Patricks, go!
HA yes. Patricks Unite! You me and conure should do a project just for the sake of it :P
Alt, is your name Patrick? If so, wow...
Now I feel weak :cry:
Blarg-Blarg-Blarg!
Readers Club

Look at my pic last page. I used XVI32. My hex workshop was made years ago, so it's free, but when I replace things, it doesn't save. Could someone please make a hud that looks like an elite hud in h2? I tried, failed, tried again, failed again.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Blarg-Blarg-Blarg! wrote:Look at my pic last page. I used XVI32. My hex workshop was made years ago, so it's free, but when I replace things, it doesn't save. Could someone please make a hud that looks like an elite hud in h2? I tried, failed, tried again, failed again.
I also use XVI32.... it doesn't save because you need to hit SAVE. :wink:
try now
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

Patrickh wrote:
Altimit01 wrote:What you talking about? Is the color picker dialog messed up on windows or something? Because on a mac you have the option of using pretty high quality color dialogs (like being able to switch between the circle, crayon, rgb sliders among other things). Granted you're still restricted to 32-bit color.
What are you talking about :P

By accuracy i'm not referring to the range of colors you can pick from, I'm refering to the fact that with eschaton you can do things like make the AR crosshairs blue and the pistol crosshairs green. The windows color picker dialog is fine. eschaton is more accurate because you can edit everything you want, but to change the whole hud could take a long time. That is why i suggested combining them by changing the whole hud to a color to work off of, then use eschaton to do any specific editing needed. :wink: Wait... is that what you were talking about?
this is what he was talking about:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5410/picture5wf1.png
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6382/picture1un6.png
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/273/picture2ns1.png
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5931/picture3ee2.png
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/994/picture4sl4.png
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

oh i see now...
I just used the dialog that comes with vb05, the same one that pain-t uses. It's fine :wink:
Blarg-Blarg-Blarg!
Readers Club

dude. You think I'm going to do something without hitting save? I'm not stupid. I just suck at modding. I hit save, but it doesn't encript the new editions into the binary structure of the newly edited file.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

Blarg-Blarg-Blarg! wrote:dude. You think I'm going to do something without hitting save? I'm not stupid. I just suck at modding. I hit save, but it doesn't encript the new editions into the binary structure of the newly edited file.
when you hit 'replace all' does it come up with a dialog telling how many occurences it found?
try this again, i guarentee it works... you even posted a picture of a partially edited hud earlier. How did you do that if your hex editor doesn't work? :?
Blarg-Blarg-Blarg!
Readers Club

I did it with VXI32. My Hex Workshop doesn't work.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Patrickh wrote:
Patrickssj6 wrote:Go Patricks, go!
HA yes. Patricks Unite! You me and conure should do a project just for the sake of it :P
Alt, is your name Patrick? If so, wow...
Now I feel weak :cry:
Anytime, and what about the name? xD
...left for good