(Halo 1)Halo Mod Manager Version 2

Utilities designed primarily for Halo PC.
Gunblade

Post by Gunblade »

I might try C++ but i don't really know what to choose, Modeling or coding. I know the basics of modeling with most programs but i just don't know what the choose.
Thanks Agent Smith from CGN for the sig.

Readme's are called like that for a reason....
kyboren

Post by kyboren »

C++ took me a while to learn, but I was really lax about it. I was doing it off and on for 3 years, just randomly picking up a prog where i left off and learning something. I've only been coding in MFC for about a month or two. Modeling is cool though, especially if you become very good at modeling, and did some fantastic renders.
kyboren

Post by kyboren »

My account was deleted? Why... Oh well let me re-register...
inhuman46

cool

Post by inhuman46 »

this is pretty sweet idea, and program too, but i dont think ill use it till a new version comes out, cuz theres too many bugs (no offense)

1. when i add a batch file to the list, it works fine, but when i try to add a second one, it adds the first one again every time. i found out that it can add other ones fine if you close it then open it again.

2. when i add a file that has a title ofmore than 30 characters in it, its fine. but when i shut it down and open it again anytime, all the characters that were past the 30th make their own listing. (ex: the mod title is "Mustang Racetrack v1.00 for Bloodgulch" then when i re-open it i would see "Mustang Racetrack v1.00 for Bl" and somewhere else i would see "oodgulch")

3. This isn't a bug just a hassle. There should be individual mod deletion. This is annoying especially combined with bug 2.

4. and this isnt a bug either. but whats the "Show last mod" button for? whenever i press it a alert box comes up thats blank with a title of "HaloModdingToolkit"

im not flaming this program or it's maker :twisted: , just saying it needs some improvement :?
GrUnT

Post by GrUnT »

How do you make programs like these?

I would like to make my own but i dont have the software of the knoledge?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
kyboren

Post by kyboren »

Inhuman: Sorry, but I kinda dropped this program after a few days. You can get the source to it if you'd like to continue it:
http://home.san.rr.com/mbecker3/Files/HMManager_SRC.zip

Grunt:
In MFC. I used Visual C++ 6.0 by Microsoft. It's an old version, so you could probably pick up a copy (make sure it's a professional or enterprise edition, though) for really cheap or get the learning edition (makes a popup at the start of every program to discourage distribution, but great for learning) for free. You can learn MFC from many many many websites. Google it.
Myth

MYTH

Post by Myth »

He I made a program like that LOOK:
This is a great mod tool for the halo trial.
Actually it startups halo with the selected mod..
You can download it here: www.tipsite.tk
http://www.tipiste.tk

There come updates and new mods almost every week...
It also auto-apply pff mods....
So you select a mod (pff or not) and it will be started.
The size is so big becouse of the original halo map, matrix mod, and firespeed mod, and power mod.
The ghostpower mod is just 1kb but sush fun!!

www.tipiste.tk porductions
Ah well now there are 2 mod-programs....
Mine also just got pff support in v3...
Signature exceeded 500x120 pixels.
maggatslayer

Post by maggatslayer »

this isn't for the xbox is it?
Myth

Post by Myth »

C++ is easy..
I used it to make HMB..
HMB is more advanched then this program but....
Well this is ok...
HMB first makes the .bat and then runs it..
Here is is:
Download www.hmbweb.tk (sometimes offline stupid...)
Last edited by Myth on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature exceeded 500x120 pixels.

Post by Guest »

I got the prog and dont kno what any of the stuff ur sayn is, in terms of modding im a major newb. can anyone tell me werei can watch a tutorial or somn. any kinda help would be great

Post by Guest »

A great prog wold be were u could go to the folder with the mods i downloaded click on them and the prog would make them work or make them as new and seperate maps. I NEED HELP WITH THIS STUFF
Myth

HMB

Post by Myth »

Guys here it is HMB v4.5
Same idea but with a folder full of ppfs that you just add...

And you can apply bitmaps too very easy but I haven't made a screenie of that yet..

Like it or hate it?[/url]
Kyosuke

Post by Kyosuke »

dude did u get this idea from the freelancer mod manager
kyboren

Post by kyboren »

No, I did not.