Tool #

Utilities designed primarily for Halo CE.

What do you think of Tool #?

It's good
25%
It's decent
75%

Total votes: 4

formlesstree4

Tool #

Post by formlesstree4 »

Yeah, I know this was posted inside the Halo PC section by me, but that was a mistake, and I have worked my tail off getting this to look better and work better too...

So, what exactly is Tool #? It is not a replacement for tool.exe, but for tool++, by Kornman00. Tool ++ works fine, but, it has some bugs, and so, I have been using my own creation. If you don't trust this, your loss....I do plan on open sourcing Tool # after all of the features are correctly added.

Currently, the NEW version (1.07) has a redone GUI, streamlined coding, and operates much more smoothly. Not to mention, it is compiled using the 2.0 framework, which means it should work from Windows 98 through Windows Vista. No guarantees about Windows Vista yet, as I can't test it on there.

Before you say anything, this program was designed for beginners at map making. It was not targeted for expert map makers. So please, no comments about making it 'less handicap'.....and this is also a beta, and not all the features are incorporated that i want...

Screenshots are attached, as well as the latest version.

Mods, if you see this, delete the one in the Halo PC utility section, as it was not meant to be there....
Attachments
Tool # 1.07.zip
Tool # 1.07 beta
(110.98 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
This is when you select any option. The window expands out to show the tool.exe output.
This is when you select any option. The window expands out to show the tool.exe output.
2.JPG (11.75 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
This is what it looks like when you first load Tool #
This is what it looks like when you first load Tool #
1.JPG (5.25 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Nice job. :)
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

needs more commands... and a "browse" button. and maybe command descriptions.

is there anything you can do about load time? i use batch files instead of ++ because ++ takes about 10 seconds to load and batch files are notepad(half a second) and then input the command and then run. this takes 2-4 seconds to load...
Legend of Halo
Legend of Halo forums(little to no content)

10012% of signature statistics are inaccurate. if you're one of the 746% with a real statistic, put this in your sig.
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

browse button for what?

EDIT: Load time is not that terrible, but I have made some coding updates, and the speed is almost as fast as notepad now :D