HMT for CE?

Utilities designed primarily for Halo CE.
USweapon

Articulatist 100

HMT for CE?

Post by USweapon »

i never modded CE before but i love to use HMT for regular halo. is there a program that is just like HMT but for CE?
not_quite_a_nice_guy

Post by not_quite_a_nice_guy »

Just Convert the Halo CE map to PC and use HMT that way, then revert it.
{N}Nawuto

Post by {N}Nawuto »

EXACTLY Yeap... Can i get a DL to a good one? I have one but it sucks
Sig over height limit.
How? I made it the correct size!
not_quite_a_nice_guy

http://www.freewebs.com/ksyb/HMVC.rar

Don't forget to extract it first. :D
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

thx alot. it works but a few thing id like to know.

y do i get a "system out of memory" error when i try to extract things?

can u do everything u can do to a converted map as a regular map?

does this mean u can use CE maps in regular and vice versa?
not_quite_a_nice_guy

No sir. First off, in HMT, you can recursively Extract Tags, so you have to know which ones it needs, second, you can not play those maps in regular halo. There are probably many things I'm missing, but you get the point.
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

can u PMI thing like weps and vehicles? i got a bunch of extracted items but when i try to extract from the CSV file, it says it completed but there is no mod2.meta file to decrap.

a way to fix this?
not_quite_a_nice_guy

I don't think you can PMI into a CE map, never tried, but you can take tags from a CE map like I made a flat metal peice of scenery in halo CE, and I put it into a mod for PC, as simple as that, just make sure you have all of the required tags for that, because like I said earlier, you can't recursively extract from a CE map. So, if you have HEK+ use that to extract the tags from the map into a folder so you know which ones to extract from the map in HMT, sorry if that is confusing. :?
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

i already have HEK+ and thats what i used to extract the tags into the folder already. i just cant decrap the modles because the mod2 file u have to extract from the CSV file doesnt actrually extract.

could you actually get this CSV file to extract an object cause untill i find out y mine wont, im stuck.

also without making another post, do you know how to make a gun use a laser to sight instead ofd a redicle?
Keeywi

Post by Keeywi »

JUST USE HHT!!! HITTHE LITTLE ARROW IN THE TOP RIGHT, AND ITS LIKE HMT!!!
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

dude thx alot, that helps alot with no errors and not needing to conver the maps. but now i got a few questions about that. do i need to decrap files i extract still like with HMT? it doesnt have that option so im guessing no. also when i reduild map, what do i enter at the top 4 lines?
not_quite_a_nice_guy

Yes, if you want a new model in a map, then you have to follow the procedures of PMI'ing it in. but, if it's just like a custom shader, no you can just rebuild it inside the map.
haloman6697

Post by haloman6697 »

not_quite_a_nice_guy wrote:http://www.freewebs.com/ksyb/HMVC.rar

Don't forget to extract it first. :D
everytime i open it i get run time error "380" ivalid property value. heres the values

Could someone please open HMVC up in hex workshop and tell me there values for that line
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

im modding a bloodgultch maps with as many weapons i think are really good. so i downloaded a bunch of weapon tags from halomaps.com. do i just add all the tags when i rebuild the map? what do i do with them? also do i have to decra them cause the .mod2.meta file wasnt in any of the weapons.
not_quite_a_nice_guy

Um, firstly the weapon tags can only be used in the HEK, second, you won't get a mod2.meta file unless you extract from a halo PC map. and third, just use HHT to extract the files from the CE map, after you put the weapons into the map of course, then, rebuild them as you would into a PC map.
evilkevin1

HMVC

Post by evilkevin1 »

not_quite_a_nice_guy wrote:Just Convert the Halo CE map to PC and use HMT that way, then revert it.
wtf???hmvc doesnt work man. it doesnt let me click convert when i double click the map and on the left bottom it says:i hav no idea what this map is, but dam youre not clicking convert.

when i try again,but this time i clicked the map once and then i clicked convert ,it says reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllly screeewwy error??wtf

can some1 help me?
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

So many people just don't get it. HMVC changes the header of the map so it's openable and editable in HMT. It's still not playable for halo pc. Use harbinger for that.
flubber

Post by flubber »

this thing sucks, it's fake!
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

WTF are you talking about. It has been proven to work. If you want a perfectly unlocked HMT just use freaking guerilla.