Need help finding MAP EDITOR

Utilities designed primarily for Halo CE.
xhead12

Need help finding MAP EDITOR

Post by xhead12 »

I suck and believe me i S..U..C..K at complicated map editors
using all those buttons and configurations and everything. im asking for
a very easy map editor for UNSKILLED map maker people. why cant they just make a map editor that you just click on a terrain peice or weapon or somthing and just click on the map and it goes there. (drag&drop editor)
So if there is a map editor like this tell me. if you dont know any please tell me a easy to follow guide teaching me how to use a map editor for halo. i want to make maps!! help please
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

It sounds you're very young and think making a map is a breeze. Well, it's not, and it's a very tough road. I'd suggest starting out small, and learning to do model before you try this. But to do it, read the HEK_tutorial that comes with Hek.
xhead12

i tried

Post by xhead12 »

well i tried reading the hek but its really confusing. i know it not easy but i want to know why is it so freeking hard?!?! why cant they make an easy won. this ticks me off. well i am trying to dwnload terrain and bitmaps and crap to start on the terrain. i need some help getting started. can u or somewon else plese help me get started. what i need is like a step by step tutorial on how to start to make stuff. you could maybee...tell me how to do some map that u did and then ill get used to the buttons and stuff. just need to understand. thx for da encouragement (ps not that young)
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

Well, first try to model by watching these tutorials.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/332
xhead12

ok

Post by xhead12 »

k im reading how to make models. does the HEK come with all the terrain and guns and crap to make maps or do i have to download it?????
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

I can tell you haven't read anything because you have to model the terrain. Hek does come with the default Halo weapons and vehicles.
xhead12

OK

Post by xhead12 »

k ill finish reading and making models ill edit this post when im done making one of the models
Pantonic

Re: Need help finding MAP EDITOR

Post by Pantonic »

xhead12 wrote:I suck and believe me i S..U..C..K at complicated map editors
using all those buttons and configurations and everything. im asking for
a very easy map editor for UNSKILLED map maker people. why cant they just make a map editor that you just click on a terrain peice or weapon or somthing and just click on the map and it goes there. (drag&drop editor)
So if there is a map editor like this tell me. if you dont know any please tell me a easy to follow guide teaching me how to use a map editor for halo. i want to make maps!! help please
your best bet if you dont want to learn how to do the complicated stuff is the map editor in farcry for the xbox, not shure if the pc version had the same map editor. It does everything you just asked for, easy terrain tools and it comes with a pallet of trees, buildings, vehicles, and wepons. Its not halo but its easy ;p
Solace_Games

Post by Solace_Games »

Lock this please.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

Solace_Games wrote:Lock this please.
Why would you bump a topic to tell a mod to lock it when it's not even your topic?
Solace_Games

Post by Solace_Games »

Well at least move it. (Wrong section)
flyinrooster

Wordewatician 100

Post by flyinrooster »

Doesn't seem like it, if you are allowed to request for an application to be made here... which was what he was trying to do. And again, why lock or move an old topic--why bump it, even? Btw, if you can't request applications in this section, tell me if I'm wrong. I don't hang out on halomods as much as I used to.
N\A
CDK908

Post by CDK908 »

halo 2 map making is drag and drop pretty much why don't you try that one.
Signature over file size limit of 75kb, please read the rules.
Don't Cry Just Go Die!
Andrew Jackson wrote:I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

CDK908 wrote:halo 2 map making is drag and drop pretty much why don't you try that one.
Except it's not. It's pretty much the same has Halo 1.
flyinrooster

Wordewatician 100

Post by flyinrooster »

TomClancey wrote:
CDK908 wrote:halo 2 map making is drag and drop pretty much why don't you try that one.
Except it's not. It's pretty much the same has Halo 1.
It really is. The only thing different is being to make the weapons "levitate" so it appears to be leaning against an object, and just a few other features. Not much difference. That is speaking about sapien though... there are a lot of different things in the rest of the H2EK (despite the fact that it's all locked up).
N\A
yoyosadtag

Post by yoyosadtag »

wtf u talking about maping is easy with sapein but maping is like ya but moddding is better :shock: :shock: (a halo nerd is talking)
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

I guess I failed to specify. Making good maps that are well modeled and have good spawn placements.

Also, don't bump old topics. Read the rules.
demonmaster3k

Post by demonmaster3k »

don't listen to any of them. the best place to go to learn how to do anything with HEK is the Ghost's tutorial resource. the website is a par of halomaps.org

here

the ghost's website also contains max scripts that enable you to import already compiled models and animations into 3dsmax/gmax. as well as a model exporter for 3dsmax/gmax
jacknme

Post by jacknme »

Sorry posted at wrong topic!