[App] Halomods Post Generator

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
ninni721

[App] Halomods Post Generator

Post by ninni721 »

Some of you might remember a post a made a while ago about a web version of a post generator. If not, you can read it here:
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=48407

Anyway, I have updated it so it goes to forums.halomods (the other one went to files), as well as adding four more options, one of which was inspired by DrXThirst's generator.
The major update though, is that you can easily switch between websites that you want to post to. In the old version you had to go to a different webpage for each website. Now, in the new version, all you have to do is change the dropdown box to the website you want to post to and it changes all of the coding automatically so you do not have to retype everything.

Also, this detects if you have IE or Firefox and directs you to the corresponding page that is enhanced for that browser. If you want to download it for personal use, you can here:

http://voodoo721.googlepages.com/FINAL.zip
Simply unzip the file and open the index.htm page.

Also, if you viewed the source you would see the firefox coding is much more complex than the ie one. That is because I did firefox that before I did the ie one, and once i started the ie one i found a much faster and easier way.

Anyway, go here to get started:

http://voodoo721.googlepages.com/postge ... ="halomods

You also have the option to select what the layout is when the page loads. In other words, if Halomaps would want to set the page so it loads with the Halomaps settings rather than Halomods, all they have to do is add ?site=halomaps to the end of the url. For example, go to the following url and you will notice the default layout has changed:
http://voodoo721.googlepages.com/postge ... e=halomaps

All websites found in the website dropdown bar can be used. (They all go after ?site= and are typed without spaces)

April 19, 2007 - I updated both of the ie and firefox pages now have basically the exact same coding except minimal changes that are caused by the different ways the browsers read the coding. I also updated the download. Also, the previous firefox had a bug that I accidentally found twice, but was not sure how do repeat it so I couldn't fix it. These one does not have that bug.

April 29, 2007 - I added two more websites to post too. I also made a few changes to its visual appearance.

The only thing I have left to do is to add more websites to post to. If you know of a website that I could include, please tell me.
Last edited by ninni721 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

thanks for releasing the post gen that I made, I didnt have time to release it

btw you forgot my name in the credits...
Prey

Connoisseur Snitch! Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by Prey »

0mg yess an'0thr p0stgen! <3
Halo 2 Prophet - Skin with ease with the simple 3D point and click interface.
Halo 3 Research Thread - Contribute to the research into Halo 3.
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

touche
DJ_Gnomey

Connoisseur

Post by DJ_Gnomey »

good job on this but there is a little bug. Why is there the option to take off the base map?
Last edited by DJ_Gnomey on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

Thanks. For maps that have been rebuilt or cant be patched, such as Descension.

http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.ph ... 75&t=18820
DJ_Gnomey

Connoisseur

Post by DJ_Gnomey »

thnx for the lni kthough dude, I have been modding since H2 was modable. Same thing with Halo PC/CE
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

Oh I didn't realize that. But at least other people that didn't know will now have an answer.
i.am.terror

Post by i.am.terror »

why not just make a firefox plugin so you dont have to have another program open?
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

Good idea. I might do that later but for right now its going to stay like this.
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

XTHIRST wrote:wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Yes? I assume by that comment that you think I stole the idea from you.
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

No.
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

I updated both of the ie and firefox pages now have basically the exact same coding except minimal changes that are caused by the different ways the browsers read the coding. I also updated the download. Also, the previous firefox had a bug that I accidentally found twice, but was not sure how do repeat it so I couldn't fix it. These one does not have that bug.

The only thing I have left to do is to add more websites to post to. If you know of a website that I could include, please tell me.
ninni721

Post by ninni721 »

Sorry for the double post, but I updated it again and I cant delete my previous post.

I've added two more websites as well as made the design more pleasing to the eye. If there are any requests, please tell me.