Menu Menu Menu [APP] - Update 5

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
Dissolution241

Post by Dissolution241 »

Sorry, what does adding new raw to a map do exactly?
Unleash the Fucking Wolves
Prey

Connoisseur Snitch! Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by Prey »

Dissolution241 wrote:Sorry, what does adding new raw to a map do exactly?
Prey wrote:Create New Raw For Bitmap
Every bitmap tag is linked to raw within the map, the raw is where the actual image is stored. All of the map slots in the mainmenu that are null, may have different bitmap tags, but those tags are all linked to the same raw. So change one and they all change. This function will generate new raw for the selected slot so it has its own individual image :)
Also.. 'Update4: Can now Import smaller images, rest of original image is nulled out.'
Halo 2 Prophet - Skin with ease with the simple 3D point and click interface.
Halo 3 Research Thread - Contribute to the research into Halo 3.
plushiefire

Post by plushiefire »

Cool app prey :)
Come check out Team 3volved.
fjgamer

Wordewatician 50

woohoo!

Post by fjgamer »

Thanks!
This makes modifying and adding new maps a breeze. And until now, I was giving up on my Campaign mods. I feel a hint of inspiration again.
I play on XLink Kai as FJGamer. (FJ is my Halo 2 profile.) I have a mic, and I love to play 8 on 8 mics versus no mics. I also love to mod Halo 2. For some reason Halo 1 won't work on system link, though.

My Mods
Plasma Shield Grenade (like the H3 Bubble Shield)
charg3r

Post by charg3r »

Since ive used this program its been working like a charm. Until one day i decided i wanted my own pictures for my modded maps. so i created a bunch of .dds files with photoshop(correct size and all). I inject the pics in the right place and resign. But ever since ive done that i havent got my mainmenu to load ever again. and i forgot to back it up in the first place. Like the Bungie movies play then its just blackness, like it froze. Any ideas how to fix this (Ps ive resigned it and that didnt fix it either)

Ideas or replys would be appreciated :) :)
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Hey Prey. Could you update this so it takes into account the unkown/unused? I love this APP, and you DID imply >_>
Prey wrote:Duplicate/Delete
Allows you to add or take away map slots! Woo! Sadly it doesnt work though, ugh crap right? Not my fault though, the app dups/dels perfectly fine, but the default.xbe holds it back and makes you freeze at 100%.. oh well, ill leave the option their incase anyone ever finds a fix...
royal46

Post by royal46 »

i have the same problem as charg3r
and i dont know how to fix it,

i out the maps in mainmenu using menumenumenu, i resigned and i FTP to xbox but the game dont load!! i have a bunch of new maps i added with serenity but with the menumenumenu dont work!! in xbox says loading and after twice 100% it go back to my modded dashborad!

plzz any1 here help!
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

royal46 wrote:i have the same problem as charg3r

i out the maps in mainmenu using menumenumenu, i resigned and i FTP to xbox but the game dont load!! i have a bunch of new maps i added with serenity but with the menumenumenu dont work!! in xbox says loading and after twice 100% it go back to my modded dashborad!

plzz any1 here help!
Resign your mainmenu.
Prey

Post by Prey »

charg3r wrote:Since ive used this program its been working like a charm. Until one day i decided i wanted my own pictures for my modded maps. so i created a bunch of .dds files with photoshop(correct size and all). I inject the pics in the right place and resign. But ever since ive done that i havent got my mainmenu to load ever again. and i forgot to back it up in the first place. Like the Bungie movies play then its just blackness, like it froze. Any ideas how to fix this (Ps ive resigned it and that didnt fix it either)

Ideas or replys would be appreciated :) :)
royal46 wrote:i have the same problem as charg3r

plzz any1 here help!
:oops: ..tis' fixed with Update5. Re-download and enjoy ;>
JacksonCougAr wrote:Hey Prey. Could you update this so it takes into account the unkown/unused? I love this APP, and you DID imply >_>
Prey wrote:Duplicate/Delete
Allows you to add or take away map slots! Woo! Sadly it doesnt work though, ugh crap right? Not my fault though, the app dups/dels perfectly fine, but the default.xbe holds it back and makes you freeze at 100%.. oh well, ill leave the option their incase anyone ever finds a fix...
Yea it must of been my code then...I'll look into it when I've got time, but it's not one of my top priorites right now, but I did upload the source code if anyone wanted to look into it..or just look around :P
Zone 117

Pi Trickster Stylist Advisor
Snitch! Connoisseur

Post by Zone 117 »

Thanks for fixing the problem Prey, this will help speed along the progress of AI Revision v2.
Image Thanks for the sig Xiion :P
[ AI Revision ][ Sewer ][ Boat Mod ][ Archaic ]
Remapped: Mod Archive and Forums.
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

Looks like a very cool program, but I'm a bit lost.

Is there like instructions on how to use this app? You kinda released it and said 'here ya go'. Now how do I use it?

Here's what I did:
-opened up a clean mainmenu.map
-Right clicked first map (ascension), clicked "populate with map info" then selected a modded map (Dead_in_the_Water.map)
-replaced preview with a compatible dds file
...then what?

Should my modded maps be unlocked?
What should go in [Unicode] > Name/Description or in [Internal]? Map scenario? How do I make my menu look for my modded map instead of the original?
Value??
Next Value?? (generate values?)
Team Options??
Does the Resign button resign the mainmenu.map or the map that is selected?

(I'm not a noob, but I hope to get clear answers by asking like one)
thx
Signature over 120 Pixels in Height.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Sorry for the bump, but I need some help. What I've done is extract the mp_map pictures for derelict and highground, they are in dds format, I just extracted them from with DotHalo (entity won't extract that picture for me, idk why), here's my scenario:

opened mainmenu.map
removed the campaign maps by right clicking and clicking clear slot, then saved changes
switched to multiplayer mode
selected the map right underneath Zanzibar (it had a zanzi picture, but no text)
Right clicked the preview image and clicked import
Selected my dds image for derelict and...

Error: "Invalid. Filesize bigger than original"

What am I doing wrong? I don't know any other way to extract the bitmap. I checked the properties of the DotHalo extracted bitmap and it is one byte bigger than what it should be, I don't know why,a nd like I said, entity won't extract that bitmap.
Monkey Terd

Coagulator Acolyte Recreator Bloodhound
Sigma Sorceror Connoisseur Droplet
Pyre

Post by Monkey Terd »

HaLo2FrEeEk wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I need some help. What I've done is extract the mp_map pictures for derelict and highground, they are in dds format, I just extracted them from with DotHalo (entity won't extract that picture for me, idk why), here's my scenario:

opened mainmenu.map
removed the campaign maps by right clicking and clicking clear slot, then saved changes
switched to multiplayer mode
selected the map right underneath Zanzibar (it had a zanzi picture, but no text)
Right clicked the preview image and clicked import
Selected my dds image for derelict and...

Error: "Invalid. Filesize bigger than original"

What am I doing wrong? I don't know any other way to extract the bitmap. I checked the properties of the DotHalo extracted bitmap and it is one byte bigger than what it should be, I don't know why,a nd like I said, entity won't extract that bitmap.
Extract the .dds from the Patch_3.lvl file in the tdata folder, using ProjectP.
Formerly known as Limpmybizket.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Oh! Ok, I'll try that, thank you for the advice.

Edit: You know, oddly, I thought of that as I was typing halomods.com into the address bar, I figured I'd see if anyone replied though. lol. I'll edit if it works.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Sorry for the double post, I tried it and it came out with a dds picture that was 182,288 bytes, normal map previews (at least the ones I extracted using menumenumenu) are 185,600 bytes. Now I didn't think it would matter, but apparently it does becuase when I injected the 182,288 byte dds preview for Desolation, it came outlooking like this:

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Oh, and the dds when I extract from the map and menumenumenu are 224x107, but when I extract from patch_v3.lvl using projectP it's 220x107, this might have something to do with it, I don't know what to do to change it though.
Prey

Post by Prey »

Scorch wrote:Here's what I did:
-opened up a clean mainmenu.map
-Right clicked first map (ascension), clicked "populate with map info" then selected a modded map (Dead_in_the_Water.map)
-replaced preview with a compatible dds file
...then what?
Good so far.
Scorch wrote:Should my modded maps be unlocked?
Yes, if it is not then it will not appear in the menu until the end-user has completed campaign.
Scorch wrote:What should go in [Unicode] > Name/Description
The name should already be filled in by the pop. button, so now you can just write in a description for the map. You can just do it in the English tab, although you may want to translate into the other languages too in-case the map is ever run in the other languages.
Scorch wrote:or in [Internal]?
You can leave that, it's just a developer's reference. Nothing the end-user will see.
Scorch wrote:Map scenario?
Again this should of been filled in by the pop. button.
Scorch wrote:How do I make my menu look for my modded map instead of the original?
Nearly there.
Scorch wrote:Value??
Next Value?? (generate values?)
Just simply click the generate button you mentioned, it's just ID's for the slot.
Scorch wrote:Team Options??
Just use the last option in the combobox for maximum flexibility.
Scorch wrote:Does the Resign button resign the mainmenu.map or the map that is selected?
The mainmenu.map.
Done!

@HaLo2FrEeEk:
  • Extract the image that you want as the preview image in dothalo/ProjectP/whatever.
  • Export the preview image you are going to inject over in MMM.
  • Open both in Photoshop/Paint.Net/whatever, and then simply place the image you want to inject, over the image exported from MMM.
  • Save in same format, Import into MMM.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Yep, I got it, thank you Prey for this WONDERFUL app. Honestly, it saved me hours of trying to use the other tools out there, or doing it by hand. Once I got the previews to work, everything pretty much fell into place. I removed the Campaign maps from the mainmenu and set all their values to -1, removed the blue filter for added cool lookingness, I then added all the new maps including derelict and highplains, then opened the map in monkey terd's version of Entity and removed the text for campaign and xbox live from the main menu, and changed SPLIT SCREEN with CUSTOM GAMES, so that all is displayed is custom games, system link, and settings. I effectively made a multiplayer only mainmenu. I even edited attract_60.bik to have the words "Multiplayer Version" underneath when it flashes HALO 2 at the beginning. I will now burn it to a DVD and commence testing. This is so when I go to friends houses, not all of them have all the new maps for Halo 2, they can just pop this disc in their box and we can carry on playing system link matches.

Again, thank you SO much for this app.
fjgamer

Wordewatician 50

Post by fjgamer »

The value generator is awesome. 8) Thanks for such a time-saver.
I play on XLink Kai as FJGamer. (FJ is my Halo 2 profile.) I have a mic, and I love to play 8 on 8 mics versus no mics. I also love to mod Halo 2. For some reason Halo 1 won't work on system link, though.

My Mods
Plasma Shield Grenade (like the H3 Bubble Shield)