[APP, Java (os independent), Source] Halo Mutator

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
Nikolas_

Post by Nikolas_ »

Hehe, of course you don't write the same GUI 3 times. You use a cross-platform toolkit to write cross-platform GUIs. wxWidgets, GTK+ and Qt for example. They're all open source and work on Windows / Mac OS X (Aqua) / Linux, *BSD (X11) / etc. And they're all waaay easier to use than Windows' widgets anyway...
grandta

Post by grandta »

Can i use this to skin? and if i can how do i extract the files?
join this site for too make teams for online halo

http://www.phpbbserver.com/halo2clans
dfmjw

Post by dfmjw »

No i am sorry it doesn't, i know it can view dxt bitmaps but i am not even sure if it can extract them to files. the image decoder libary is very incomplete and the dude who was going to make the image builders for dxt format has kinda disappeared if someone wants to write (complete) the decoders the only class you will need to add to is Decoder in package com.imageDecoders. To added inject support you will have to go into a few other classes
grandta

Post by grandta »

So is their anyway i can skin on a mac?? any java apps??
join this site for too make teams for online halo

http://www.phpbbserver.com/halo2clans
dfmjw

Post by dfmjw »

not yet ..... need to get more java programmers in the halo moding area then more stuff will be developed, and even when java stuff is developed alot of people treat it as invisible, i have seen shitter apps get posted and received more posts than mine has in alot shorter time
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

Well nobody likes java on halomods. I know a little bit of programming for java, cuz it's similar to C# and we use it in school, but I don't know writing to files and everything, and I don't wanna learn all of that for another language when the one I use fits my needs, or else I would try to release some stuff in java.
olly

Post by olly »

how do i open up maps in this program?
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Double-Click the .jar file.

Open -> Select map file -> OK
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
sullydude

Re: [APP, Java (os independent), Source] Halo Mutator

Post by sullydude »

can i get a detailed explanation on how to use this app to do such things like projectile swap? or vehicle swap i coould really use the help thanks

-sullydude