[App]Downloadable Content Creation[Project Complete]

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
Jbregi

Post by Jbregi »

Ahhh okay thank you shade, wouldn't this help *gulp* XBL modders though? Oh well, don't want to raise that argument again.

So now it'll be easier to slc maps across modded-unmodded xboxs? Or is it only for modded xboxs?
mike0619

Grunge

Post by mike0619 »

MasterChief2829 wrote:I can finally get maps on my 360 :D Awesome stuff...

how is that possible?
shade45

Translator Artisan Enthraller Logistician
Stylist Wave Firestorm New Age

Post by shade45 »

Jbregi wrote:Ahhh okay thank you shade, wouldn't this help *gulp* XBL modders though? Oh well, don't want to raise that argument again.

So now it'll be easier to slc maps across modded-unmodded xboxs? Or is it only for modded xboxs?
Yeah modded xbox's forsure and with some work im sure its possible to get them running on a unmodded xbox
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

kibito87 wrote:Yo shade. Your tutorial thingy is .docx. I don't have a program that opens that. Would you mind making a .txt or just plain ol .doc? Thanks.
Plz? :D

P.S. Anthony, entity works with vista where as for some reason when i try to do anything in your program it freezes. :(
shade45

Post by shade45 »

kibito87 wrote:
kibito87 wrote:Yo shade. Your tutorial thingy is .docx. I don't have a program that opens that. Would you mind making a .txt or just plain ol .doc? Thanks.
Plz? :D

P.S. Anthony, entity works with vista where as for some reason when i try to do anything in your program it freezes. :(
Ok I uploaded it in athe ms word 2003 format so everyone should be able to open it now.

I removed the section on installing the DLC becouse im not really sure what the rules are here about the discussion of CDX.
Flesh Rider

Post by Flesh Rider »

xheadshotmastax wrote: a new era of xbl cheating begins! i see bungies new halo2 update v 1.3 coming! :? joke or truth?

excuse my typing!
english is not my primary language
:)
how would you be able to cheat when it just add new maps? and modding on live is the thing of a past, just brigde if you really want to cheat, and thus by doing this you = noob and need to find a new hobbie, and who cares halo 3 beta is coming! WOOT! and plus people play more custom anyways! MM Is gay.
Haxxzor1

Post by Haxxzor1 »

OMFG :shock: You Released it!
Agent ME

Articulatist 500

Post by Agent ME »

This can't be used to cheat at all - the only thing it could've been used for was to allow new maps on Live, but Bungie fixed that in the 1.1b AU.
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

So since you have full access to the HDD on an xbox 360, would it be possible to use this to play modded disk maps? Like could I put a modded version of a disk map on my 360's HDD and have it add it to the mainmenu through the DLC process, because that's what it sounds like. If so this would be of huge help. Great work, Shade!
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

mxrider108 wrote:
So since you have full access to the HDD on an xbox 360, would it be possible to use this to play modded disk maps? Like could I put a modded version of a disk map on my 360's HDD and have it add it to the mainmenu through the DLC process, because that's what it sounds like. If so this would be of huge help. Great work, Shade!
It's not possible as of now, because no one has figured out how to sign content to the Xbox 360. When you download the maps from bungie and they are installed, a hash is generated that contains a mixture of the Hard Drive serial and the eeprom (i think). If that hash, when compared to your HDD and eeprom, is not correct, then the content won't load. To get them to load on a different xbox, you have to have either the certified microsoft installer (from the XDK), or a pirated version. We don't know how to do this yet with the xbox 360, because we haven't got the tools.

(someone correct me if i'm wrong, I don't know much about the 360)
mxrider108

Post by mxrider108 »

Ok, if what you say is correct that's not surprising. I knew nobody had figured out how to sign content for the 360 yet, but I assumed because this is actually content for the Xbox 1 you could use the same methods on the 360. For instance, you can still use the same tools to sign the downloaded maps for the 360 that you do for the original Xbox and it works fine. At any rate, I'd still like to give this a shot if I just knew how to use it :)
DWells55

Post by DWells55 »

You can not install additional DLC content to the Xbox 360 because it is unknown how to sign it. The content is signed to something on the unit itself - what and where it is is currently unknown. There is no benefit of this program for Xbox 360 users, only original Xbox users. However, there is a work-around for this, but it only works with Halo 2 and will be featured in the upcoming Mimesis 360.
mxrider108

Post by mxrider108 »

Hey thanks for the information. Will this Mimesis 360 be open to the public? I would be really interested in this and any further info about it would be awesome.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

mxrider108 wrote:Hey thanks for the information. Will this Mimesis 360 be open to the public? I would be really interested in this and any further info about it would be awesome.
When it's completed yes.
myriads_requiem

Post by myriads_requiem »

xheadshotmastax wrote:a new era of xbl cheating begins! i see bungies new halo2 update v 1.3 coming! :? joke or truth
ummm..... I never got 1.2 ...... :?
StealthSniper22 is officially the worst halo 2 player in the world.
(My Name Means 10000 Funerals)
DWells55

Post by DWells55 »

myriads_requiem wrote:
xheadshotmastax wrote:a new era of xbl cheating begins! i see bungies new halo2 update v 1.3 coming! :? joke or truth
ummm..... I never got 1.2 ...... :?
It doesn't say 1.2, but it is. Or 1.1.1 or 1.1b whatever.
shade45

Post by shade45 »

There will definatly be a 1.2 or at least a 1.1c with the release of the new maps anyways becouse they have to update the xbe to allow for those maps to be shown in the mainmenu. And they probably take that opportunity to add a few other bug fixes and changes.
DWells55

Post by DWells55 »

shade45 wrote:There will definatly be a 1.2 or at least a 1.1c with the release of the new maps anyways becouse they have to update the xbe to allow for those maps to be shown in the mainmenu. And they probably take that opportunity to add a few other bug fixes and changes.
Bingo, they have a static list of scenarios in the current XBE. Unless they update the 360 Emulator to patch this on the fly, we'll need a whole new executable. Updating the 360 emulator would be a good way to keep them so only 360 users could use them on Live.
ajkid93

Post by ajkid93 »

that is so cool, great job man. I hope to see you at my site!
CantTouchMyHacks

Post by CantTouchMyHacks »

ajkid93 wrote:that is so cool, great job man. I hope to see you at my site!
I dont think he joins cheating sites <_<