[Halo 2]Main Menu Editor

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
MasterChief2829

Critic Blacksmith

Post by MasterChief2829 »

RA1N THE ELITE wrote:thx dude this will make adding maps to the main menu as easy as making weps dual wieldable. LOL :D
Serenity already does this ;) However not all mods use Serenity patches so this is good.
neoseeker191

Post by neoseeker191 »

I was pretty excited when I saw this app, but I seem to be having trouble. I added my modded map to the main menu and uploaded it on to my xbox. But when I try to run halo 2 it gives me a "dirty or damged disc error" but I'm not using a disc.
Monkey Terd

Coagulator Acolyte Recreator Bloodhound
Sigma Sorceror Connoisseur Droplet
Pyre

Post by Monkey Terd »

neoseeker191 wrote:I was pretty excited when I saw this app, but I seem to be having trouble. I added my modded map to the main menu and uploaded it on to my xbox. But when I try to run halo 2 it gives me a "dirty or damged disc error" but I'm not using a disc.
1.) You need to disable your Autoupdate.
2.) If you are having trouble with the app itself, you can use the other one...
Formerly known as Limpmybizket.
neoseeker191

Post by neoseeker191 »

Don't triple post - jks
r0tten
Readers Club

Recreator Wordewatician 500

Post by r0tten »

no double post!!!!!
Necris

Post by Necris »

hey i got a quick Q is there a tut on HOW to use this? I want to make a disk with just modded maps (for my personal enjoyment) that has each map in it's own slot! so I really don't know how to use this program very well, so is there a tut somewhere? that explains what to do? how to apply the maps etc...?
[SK]Nick[A]

Droplet

Post by [SK]Nick[A] »

im getting an error like the value is to small or to large for the int32
01011011 01010011 01001011 01011101 01001110 01101001 01100011 01101011 01011011 01000001 01011101
modman3

i need more map room

Post by modman3 »

u realy should find a new way to make it so u can have more than 50 maps if anyone dose send me a link to get it
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Re: i need more map room

Post by SpecOp44 »

modman3 wrote:u realy should find a new way to make it so u can have more than 50 maps if anyone dose send me a link to get it
It's currently impossible.
EvilShindo

Post by EvilShindo »

So hex editing is still needed to add the map to the main menu, even with this app? i can't simply rename the scenario from within the editor?

So i just hex edit the scenario name in hex workshop or something and then use this main menu editor to rename the map?

So what's the point of even having the "Grab scenario name thing?
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

No, for the scenario name thing, you just need to input: scenarios\multi\mapfilename\mapfilename
depending on the filename of the map.

So for example, if you map is named wipmod.map then you input for the scenario name:
scenarios\multi\wipmod\wipmod
And the menu will now load ANY map that is named wipmod.map

The maps actual scenario name has nothing to do with adding it to the main menu as most may think. :wink:
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
Lestatfreak

Articulatist 100

Post by Lestatfreak »

demonicsandwich wrote:No, for the scenario name thing, you just need to input: scenarios\multi\mapfilename\mapfilename
depending on the filename of the map.

So for example, if you map is named wipmod.map then you input for the scenario name:

The maps actual scenario name has nothing to do with adding it to the main menu as most may think. :wink:
Yeah, it took me a long time to figure it out. But I like to change it anyways just so the name shows up right in other programs. :D
Visit MorrowindX for the latest in Morrowind for Xbox.

1:Map File Format Discovered
2:Custom Sound Achieved.
street_balla24seven

Post by street_balla24seven »

this is great, i have to thank shade for this one
XBC-Requiem

Articulatist 250

Post by XBC-Requiem »

demonicsandwich wrote: So for example, if you map is named wipmod.map then you input for the scenario name:
Actually, whether it be by the way it works or by sheer chance, I've had a map, we'll call it map1.map, with the scenario name scenarios\multi\map2\map2 in both the map and the main menu slot, where the map name and scenario name were different.
eternal

Post by eternal »

The map's scenario name doesnt matter. The only thing that matters is wut you name your map file, and add that name to your mainmenu.

If you open any killtrocity or wutever map with entity, and look at the scenario name, most modders dont change that name. They just rename the map file name.
newbymodder wrote:the bickering of halomods have to love them