LINUX:GNOME] Incompetence Final

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
Spammy

Revivalist Coagulator Articulatist 500

Post by Spammy »

It would probably be faster to do it via ftp anyway(so long as your xbox is already hooked to the PC and you don't have to unhook it to connect it to the PC)since if you do it in xlinux, that means starting xlinux, modding your map, shutting down Xlinux, starting up your game, testing out your mod and, if you want to change something, reboot Xlinux again. Kind of a slow process no?
Shalted

Eureka Translator

Location: Vancouver, BC This is where people put their modding team because they feel important.

Post by Shalted »

I agree, it would be rather slow, but if you have no other option, running it on the xbox would be good for some five minute mods. Especially if you have no pc available for modding...
Awaiting connection...
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

So i tryed to install.

chmod a+x incompetence
./incompetence

"error loading shared librairies: libgnomeui.so.0: cannot openshared object file/ No such file or directory"

:roll:
Shalted

Eureka Translator

Location: Vancouver, BC This is where people put their modding team because they feel important.

Post by Shalted »

Probably because your running KDE(assuming your using it on your xbox), as your desktop enviroment, Since your running debain, it shouldnt be too hard to install GNOME.
Awaiting connection...
TunesRus90

Commentator Articulatist 250

Post by TunesRus90 »

yeah im new to linux can someone help me get GNOME running on my xbox. I already installed Debian. PM me for my aim if you can help. Thanks and can't wait for the mac version so i don't have to use my pc anymore.
malumvolo

Post by malumvolo »

Thanks, I just made my first computer, and I havnt bought windows yet, so this will help alot.

woot! linux!
*insert sig here*
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

Shalted wrote:
northy wrote:you are a legend, i spend more time on linux than i do windows and this will be a big help, thank you, sounds awsome. What versions are everyone running? ive been using red hat and mandriva lately.

my suggestion is never port this to windows, unless you want 40000 newb questions, lets face it, linux users in general arent newbs, just a bit of advice to ya :wink: keep them coming
Almost my exact reasons for releasing it only for linux right now, people who use linux are generally more knowledgeable.
thats cool man, I didn't want to use this crap anyways :P
McT0asT

Post by McT0asT »

So since I softmodded my Xbox with Linux, I can use this on my Xbox rite?

j/k, I look forward to trying this out when I get home.
McT0asT

Post by McT0asT »

Wow, I just tried this and it is very cool. It's sad that you don't want to work on this anymore, I would love to move all of my modding stuff to my Ubuntu box. Great job though!