DotHalo1.0b3.0(Updated 2-10-05)

Utilities designed primarily for the xbox version of Halo 2.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Re: DotHalo1.0b3.0(Updated 2-10-05)

Post by kibito87 »

I don't think you are going to find Farklem around these parts anymore. So good luck with that lol.

And TBH, since i highly doubt he will be back to check on this...i'd say release it. Most people do not use dothalo anymore so it may be nice to learn from. I see no harm in that.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

kibito87 wrote:I don't think you are going to find Farklem around these parts anymore.
Really now? :P

OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

That is still 2 months ago...
xgr0undzer0x

Post by xgr0undzer0x »

i think that Farklem would be okay with the source being released, as long as credit is given where credit is due.

I agree with kibito87 we could learn from it.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

I don't see how when there have been multiple apps that can do everything DotHalo can and more that are open source.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

grimdoomer wrote:I don't see how when there have been multiple apps that can do everything DotHalo can and more that are open source.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Well guys, coming from what i've read/heard and so on and so forth, all source is different in some way shape or form. Take Entity for instance...Long ago when I spoke to Anthony more frequently, he told me that Entity was a learning experience so it's source was not all that neat and clean. So why give somebody source to learn from that is potentially difficult for others already knowing how to read the code?

Now, i'm not saying Dothalo's source is clean and neat and pretty because I do not know for sure. But if Entity's is as bad as some have said, I may want to take my chances reading through Dothalo's source to figure out...say the meta editor. Although I believe Entity's was developed by Tycko...but that's not the point. It's for instance.

SO. Why with hold the information when it's not being put to use...atleast that's kind of how you put it with the "can do everything Dothalo can and more" piece. From my own views, there's nothing wrong with viewing the source, learning from it, and giving credit where it's due. Maybe I just don't see the hurt that this could cause...ESPECIALLY at this point in ANY Halo modding....
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

This, that was pushed 5-6 pages down, has all the info DotHalo has, and a hell of a lot more. There is nothing new we can learn from DotHalo, considering it's age, it probally doesn't even have correct info. Yea Entity is shit, we all know it, but this topic has a pull layout for each section (except BSP and Lightmap) and a description of each value in said sections.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.