How to make a weapon shoot a different projectile

Tutorials for the PC version of Halo 1.
Doppel

How to make a weapon shoot a different projectile

Post by Doppel »

Ok, this is my first tut so I would love to hear what people have to say about it. :mrgreen:

Requirements:HMT V3.5 (Halo Mapping Tools) , Halo Pc .

Very Detailed Version:
Ok, First Of All Opem HMT v3.5 And Find the map yo want to use, I am going to use Bloodgulch. So Press File>Open>And select You Map.Now, You should see a box called select the tab called "Resource Browser" Scroll Down Until You Find A Line/Tab Called [+] [Proj] Projectile [21 Items]. Press The + or double click the line, there should be things like weapons\flamethrower\flame. I am Going to use the pistol as an example, so click weapons\pistol\bullet if you are goin to use the pistol, now you should see Abox above the Resource browser called Tag Information , see where it sais Meta SWAP than there is a little rectangle to the right of it with letters and number in it.
Ok, Now I want my pistol to shoot rockets, so in the same tab of projectile find weapons\rocket launcher\rocket press it, now cope the numbers to the right of meta swap and copy the numbers and letters.now go back to weapons\pistol\bullet and delete the swap meta numbers there and past the new meta. Now click Save near the right and play!

Simple Version: lol
OK, First Open the map you are goin to mod in hmt v3.5, now go down to proj weapons [21 items], click that. Click the weapon you are goin to mod e.g pistol now were it sais meta swap, to the right of that there should be numbers like CCC5A3.
Now Click Meta SWAP and find the weapon you want the pistol to fire e.g rocket. Once you find the weapon click it. the numbers should be different now. Click Save And You Are Done.
Thanks For looking At My Tut :D :shock:
mugenhavok

Re: How to make a weapon shoot a different projectile

Post by mugenhavok »

not bad! iv always wonderd how to do that p.s im a noob!
Doppel

Re: How to make a weapon shoot a different projectile

Post by Doppel »

Haha, Well Now you know! :mrgreen:
I shoot noobs, Do you?