Adding Digital Viberance To Enhance Halo's Colors/Lighting

Tutorials for the PC version of Halo 1.
Pepsi

Snitch! Wordewatician 500

Adding Digital Viberance To Enhance Halo's Colors/Lighting

Post by Pepsi »

How to add Digital Viberance to your set up even when your current drivers/card wont allow it/have option for it.

1. Go to " http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner " and download where it says.. "Download latest public build of RivaTuner".

2. Extract using winrar or useful .rar extraction tool.

3. Go into the "setup" folder and run the "rivatuner221.exe".

4. Go through all the prompts to install.

5. When program is installed it should look like this below..

6. Next you want to click where it says "ForceWare Detected ....... Customize". See pic below for where im talking about.

7. A side pop-up box will appear and you want to choose the one that looks like a monitor and when highlighted reads as"desktop overlay and color schemes". See pic below for example.

8. You will now the program look something like this below.

simply adjust the slider for digital viberance from left (not active) to right (fully active) to enhance your colors in your display.

9. I would suggest maxing it first and go web surfing and playing some Halo maps to get a idea of what things look like. Then I would bring it to half and try that. Some people prefer full and some prefer half. I myself use it maxed and hve been for years now and ive grown very used to it to where if I dont have it everything looks bland and ugly. Ness on the other hand only uses it at 25% and shes content with that. It's all about personal preference.

Once you find the setting you like just simply close the program and enjoy your new look and feel of color enhancement. This isnt like DXT Tweeker or anything like that, that needs to be running the whole time. Just make your setting and close.

Welcome to a more viberant and rich Halo. And yes, it does make a difference especially if your using a 22"+ monitor.

Sample Example Below:

DISCLAIMER - READ IT BELOW

This is a very powerful video tweeking tool and can be used for MANY other things then just a digital viberance tweek. If you do not know what your doing in any other tabs DONT MESS WITH THEM!!!. Messing with other settings can cause serious issues with your hardware and I take no responsibility for you messing around with other things besides what this tutorial is about. If you go messing with your voltages and timings and fry your card IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOUR A IDIOT!
Life is not how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
hiheyhello

Post by hiheyhello »

Does it work wiht any Video card? And nice Boarding Action
Tural wrote:I like to pretend I have friends.
Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

hiheyhello wrote:Does it work wiht any Video card? And nice Boarding Action
Try it and you'll know. Its really simple to do. Let me know how it turns out. Post some feedback plz.
hiheyhello

Post by hiheyhello »

I just downloaded and i dont have this click as a option :( i guess i wont be using it.
Tural wrote:I like to pretend I have friends.
Corvette19

Snitch!

Post by Corvette19 »

So if I use this, I can add some niceness to my horrible graphics?
Example of graphics. BEWARE, MAY BE DAMAGING TO THE EYES
Xfire = corvette19
WaeV wrote:Mess around with stuff, make exceptions, get messy! Do something we've never seen before.
Alexgodcool

Post by Alexgodcool »

Corvette19 wrote:So if I use this, I can add some niceness to my horrible graphics?
Example of graphics. BEWARE, MAY BE DAMAGING TO THE EYES

That picture, not damage anythin to my eyes, because i have crappy graphics in game too...

Can you help us Pepsi? :?
Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

well, all this tut is for is adding digital viberance to your color scheme of things. If your trying to actually make your graphics themselves better then there is no cure for that then actually buying a new graphic's card that can handle new shader models such as 1.5 or 2.0. Also another thing hurting bad graphics is old or outdated drivers. The best you can hope for is going to Nvidia's website or ATX and making sure your drivers are up to date as can be.

As for being able to see grass and textures regarding alpha layers and cube maps correctly thats all based on your cards architecture and what the card can do and its limits. There is no program that can make those things happen for you. It would like asking a 300 pound chic to get into a size 6 bikini. The bikini wasn't made for that 300 pound girl and if she forces herself to use it in the end the results will be very nastly, laggy and shes going to break it.

This is whats going to happen to your card if you try to force things on it that it wasn't meant to do. Your going to be like "Yes!" your card is going to say "NO >_>" and then you will eventually smell a hint of smoke. Digital Viberance is something thats not going to cause any issues and if your card cant do it there simply wont be a option for it. But trying to make a older model card or onboard graphics run Triple AA or Shader 2.0 models and such is just asking for a let down.

The best advice I can give you seriously is just to update your card to at least a 8600 series which is only like $70 now at max. Sure that may seem like alot of money but if your spending alot of time in games and doing Halo alot the payoff is well worth it.
Alexgodcool

Post by Alexgodcool »

Pepsi wrote:well, all this tut is for is adding digital viberance to your color scheme of things. If your trying to actually make your graphics themselves better then there is no cure for that then actually buying a new graphic's card that can handle new shader models such as 1.5 or 2.0. Also another thing hurting bad graphics is old or outdated drivers. The best you can hope for is going to Nvidia's website or ATX and making sure your drivers are up to date as can be.

As for being able to see grass and textures regarding alpha layers and cube maps correctly thats all based on your cards architecture and what the card can do and its limits. There is no program that can make those things happen for you. It would like asking a 300 pound chic to get into a size 6 bikini. The bikini wasn't made for that 300 pound girl and if she forces herself to use it in the end the results will be very nastly, laggy and shes going to break it.

This is whats going to happen to your card if you try to force things on it that it wasn't meant to do. Your going to be like "Yes!" your card is going to say "NO >_>" and then you will eventually smell a hint of smoke. Digital Viberance is something thats not going to cause any issues and if your card cant do it there simply wont be a option for it. But trying to make a older model card or onboard graphics run Triple AA or Shader 2.0 models and such is just asking for a let down.

The best advice I can give you seriously is just to update your card to at least a 8600 series which is only like $70 now at max. Sure that may seem like alot of money but if your spending alot of time in games and doing Halo alot the payoff is well worth it.
KK, thank...

I said "wanna some christmas gifts?" Card said "NO!!" XD
"What Should I Do? -unknown
WaeV

Advisor

Post by WaeV »

I remember something about a pixel shader 2.0 emulator somewhere, maybe that can help?

Edit: Found it.

http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=79277
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

Yeah for me it says under Driver Settings: Catalyst detected. Does not give me anything for customizing. However I think Catalyst can do this too, just making sure.
Signature may not be animated.

Oh really? :P
tucker933

Post by tucker933 »

BrainEater wrote:Yeah for me it says under Driver Settings: Catalyst detected. Does not give me anything for customizing. However I think Catalyst can do this too, just making sure.
I can't find it in my Catalyst drivers so Catalyst mustn't have an option for it.
AMD Phenomist