HPC: Modding Halo PC Trial and Full for Beginners

Tutorials for the PC version of Halo 1.
realistic

HPC: Modding Halo PC Trial and Full for Beginners

Post by realistic »

MODDING HALO PC Full And Trial

Mods Please Sticky This I beleive it could be most helpful to newcomers.

I know many people who are tired of trying to mod their Xbox and failing. Why not take a short break from the frustration and mod Halo PC. Plus, I haven
Last edited by realistic on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tss8654

Post by tss8654 »

THANK GOD!!!!!!! i dont think i wouldve continued to mod if not for your help
Rallos

Post by Rallos »

Nice. You get a sticky!
realistic

Post by realistic »

wow thanks alot! :)
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

congrats on the sticky. Do you use these same methods to mod the full version too??
realistic

Post by realistic »

Cuda wrote:congrats on the sticky. Do you use these same methods to mod the full version too??
yep they work for both versions.
Satan

No Banshee's

Post by Satan »

I want to mod my Halo: Combat Evolved PC Trial edition to the point where NO ONE can use a shee. I have the Halo Map Tools version 3.5 and have the secion on vehicles/shee. What do I need to edit to get my desiered effect? Thank you.
Rallos

Re: No Banshee's

Post by Rallos »

Satan wrote:I want to mod my Halo: Combat Evolved PC Trial edition to the point where NO ONE can use a shee. I have the Halo Map Tools version 3.5 and have the secion on vehicles/shee. What do I need to edit to get my desiered effect? Thank you.
Okay, click on vehicles/banshee tab and look in the editor. Find the part where it has seats and click the dropdown box, then select seat 0 (should be the only one). Then look where it says Seat Name. It should say B-Driver. Change it to something random, like "alshdio". Now save and try it out. That should make it so people can't get in the banshee.
Violence is not the answer, it is the question. The answer is yes.
tebteb

Post by tebteb »

http://htm.shrink.ws/ <----link to death king's trial modding site, im just posting this to seperate the halo full modders from the halo trial modders.
Trial Modders, Click Me!
Check out this Halo Trial Modding Site.
Haxx0r

Post by Haxx0r »

Nice! thankyou.
Signature exceeded 500x120 pixels.

Post by Guest »

gret tut!
gh057ofchurch

Post by gh057ofchurch »

great job! one of the easiest-to-follow tuts ive ever seen

EDIT: wow that vid file is huge... especially since my internet connection is running at an outrageously slow 19 kb/sec... it was running at over 500 kb/sec just a couple minutes ago...
dragonfire99

i dont get it

Post by dragonfire99 »

i dont get any of this its confusing after i download this fist file what do i do do run as or what.
{BKK}

Post by {BKK} »

gh057ofchurch wrote:great job! one of the easiest-to-follow tuts ive ever seen
One?Realistic, that was the best tutorial for newbs on HMT I have ever seen, maybe anywhere. Nice :D
Ever get that feeling that you're being watched from the shadows? Ever get the feeling you're being stalked in the night? That's me...
realistic

Post by realistic »

Thanks. I enjoy helping people and would like to see people start modding halo pc more.
Annihilator

Post by Annihilator »

My HMT doesnt have a swap button for some reason :cry: I know its supposed to be under tag information but i dont have an arrow or anything that makes it come down. Could someone help me? :?
realistic

Post by realistic »

you do not have to use the swap button. You could simply copy the meta and paste it over what you want to change.
h2hacker

Post by h2hacker »

u still haven't told us how u apply the map. how do u put the mod on after u make it and close map what do u do ?
Pie

Post by Pie »

h2hacker wrote:u still haven't told us how u apply the map. how do u put the mod on after u make it and close map what do u do ?
Now I read nothing of the topic, but if I read the question and recall my understanding of all this....

When you open a .map file to work on in HMTv3.5 or whatever other program you are wishing to use, it automatically applies it to the file. If you are using the one in the MAPS folder, then all you have to do is start the game and viola. You have a modded map.
Thank You, SHOUTrvb, For This Fantastic Signature :mrgreen:
BEEF!!!

Pyre

Post by BEEF!!! »

Holy Hell!!! It's Pie! Good to see you.

^^^^ Exactly. Any editing done is directly to the map file so the changes are immediate.