How to sync ai in MP

Tutorials for Halo CE.
adolif

Literarian 100

How to sync ai in MP

Post by adolif »

Note: Be aware I use kornmanV2, not guerilla. You may need to download it.

Ok...This is a rough way to sync ur mp ai through the web so you and other people see ai in the same places and interact with other peoples' ai. Quick walk-through:

First of all....make an ai map. You need to add the following things through hek into your scenario (I'm assuming for tutorial purposes, you are gonna use Bloodgulch's scenario extracted from hek+). Configure them the way you want.

-A actor pallete (evenm though it's an ACTOR pallete it wants ACTOR VARIENT TAGS.
-An Encounter
-A Squad
-A Starting Location or more of them
-A Platoon

Now create your ai map. If for some reason you get an error in sapien that wont crash halo try this:
Take a unique "network equipment" thingy (one that there is only one of them and you know where it is. In bloodgulch I always use plasma cannon.) Copy it's location (x,y, and z) numbers into notepad for temporary keeping. Delete the single equipment item. For the ai starting location, paste these numbers into the x, y, and z values. There, you have an ai spawn where the plasma cannon used to be.

Next compile your map in tool.
Open your map in Halo Hacker Tools Version 5.
To the left of the window there are the 3 tag type boxes just like in hmt except they are vertical.
Change the FIRST tag type box for EACH of the bipeds for the actors from "Bipd" to "Vehi" and press save for each tag. Now when you are done the bipeds will be vehicle tags. But now the actor varient tags are all screwed up because they still want the tags in biped format. Use the dependency swapper to swap the "Bipd" tag in each actor varient tag's dependency's to the new vehicle conversion. Do this for each actor varient and you are done!

Example:
Convert "characters\elite\elite" from:
Biped Unit Object ---->Vehicle Unit Object
then go into actor varient tag and change:

Actor: characters\elite\elite major\elite major
Biped: characters\elite\elite
Equip: nulled out
Weapon: weapons\plasma rifle\plasma rifle

Into:

Actor: characters\elite\elite major\elite major
Vehicle: characters\elite\elite
Equip: nulled out
Weapon: weapons\plasma rifle\plasma rifle

Result of all this:

It doesnt delete the duplicated bipeds on the client's side but it makes the server's and certain client's actors look the same to several pc's and it does help alot. For instance, if u are melee-ing an elite in bloodgulch, they can see the elite you are melee-ing if the elite is one with an actor brain. (if it doesnt move, it isnt synced, if it moves, its synced.) So it isnt a complete sync but some of the actors syncing is better than none of them syncing.

^.^ Hope this helped!
-Adolif
http://adomods.tk
I like pie.