HEK: Adding lights to levels

Tutorials for Halo CE.
PlasmaGhost

HEK: Adding lights to levels

Post by PlasmaGhost »

This is a very simple task but alotta ppl dont know it so im here to help clear up how to do this.

Open up your level in 3ds max. Create a new material and add the render only attribute (!) to the end of the material name. now, create a small plane that is the size of your light. Place the light just slightly off of the surface u want it on and apply the light material you made. Copy that face and keep placing new ones where you need lights. make sure the planes r facing the area it is meant to light up. now that u have planes where your lights should be, link the lights to the frame and create the bitmap tags with tool.

now open any light shader_transparent_chicago (theres one in the tutorial file) into guerilla and save that as the name of your light material. now scroll down and edit the bitmap so it points to your light bitmap. you can change the color of emitted light or how bright the light is too.

now when u compile the structure and load the map into Sapien, the lights should be lighting up its surroundings.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

There are also other ways.GJ though :D
...left for good
PlasmaGhost

Post by PlasmaGhost »

this is the way i figured out. all i did was i tested the lights included with the tutorial file and they worked and i found out the lighting settings were in the shader. so then i just created a shader in my light.

but r there anyways better than my way here? if there r please tell me :D
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Not many people know but you can have markers in maps and attach a light source to it :wink:
...left for good
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

Very Nice!
nimverus

still sapien cuts out when it open's map

Post by nimverus »

Ok in this tutorial i did everything u said to do but still sapien quickly closes out for no reason, i could every gave a chance to open map. am I doing something wrong
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

..did you set affinity to single core if on a dual core computer?

Anyway, thanks for the tut. I had been looking for this... lol I knew it would work but I wasn't smart enought to realize:P