True Marker Rotations

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

True Marker Rotations

Post by DemonicSandwich »

True Marker Rotations
This topic links to a Quaternion (Quats) calculator to give you proper marker and bone rotations.

Items: In order to use the tool you must download and install Java3D from java3d.dev.java.net
Pick the installer package that matches your PC's chipset. For example: I have an Intel Proccessor and Graphics so I installed j3d-1_5_2-windows-i586.exe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example Video
Note: To those who want to be a smart ass about my pronunciation: Euler is pronounced (oiler), not (youler).
This video is included to give an example as to how to use the tool. It may not be as in depth as it could be but it was 4am when I did it.

Result of above video:

Credits
JacksonCougar, Xzodia: discovered the system of rotation used by markers.[/list]
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Well, I never got into the marker/animation thing, so what could this be used for?
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

DrXThirst wrote:Well, I never got into the marker/animation thing, so what could this be used for?
If you need to rotate a marker or bone, you don't have to guess the values.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit