Properly Making Non-Dual-Wield Into Dual-Wield Weapons

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
DrFlatulator

Post by DrFlatulator »

Ok cheers, and same with haloed, When I do this all how come my guns are invisible? Yet they have a shadow?

(I have only done the really basic stuff in modding, i.e Projectile swapping and auto aim, and I am moving on to the slightly harder stuff.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

DrFlatulator wrote:Ok cheers, and same with haloed, When I do this all how come my guns are invisible? Yet they have a shadow?

(I have only done the really basic stuff in modding, i.e Projectile swapping and auto aim, and I am moving on to the slightly harder stuff.
You know that shadow you see on the ground is actually cast by the Third Person model, not the first person models.

You could have a rocket launcher with the first person models of the pistol and you would see a rocket launcher's shadow.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
DrFlatulator

Post by DrFlatulator »

So how do I fix this? I have followed the tutorial word for word, I think if it had a bit more depth it would be easier to follow.
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

DrFlatulator wrote:Ok cheers, and same with haloed, When I do this all how come my guns are invisible? Yet they have a shadow?
What weapons have you tried it with? It could be a jmad problem like when you give MC a fuel rod.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
DrFlatulator

Post by DrFlatulator »

I did the exact same as the tutorial.

I used made BR dual weildable, using the bones of the SMG.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Hang on, lemme try this tutorial with the BR. I never actually did it, it seemed so easy. ;x

I'll edit this post once I get my result.

*Edit: forgot about this. <_>

This is what I got. It does work, for those of you having problems. I don't know how this is going wrong for you. Ignore the ammo counter. <_>
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I just tried it and my weapons come out invisible. I linked everything correctly and all. Also, when I reload the Battle Rifle, it takes like 0.1 of a second to do it. :?
DarkShallFall

Artisan Recreator Trickster Connoisseur
Advisor Pyre Renovator Sigma
Snitch! Enthraller New Age Miner

Post by DarkShallFall »

If you cant do it correctly then just extract the recon rifle tags from BioDrop.
Iron_Forge wrote:I assume I won?..I should get an emblem...
SkgSkrillaka

Post by SkgSkrillaka »

tutorial works fine.

I enjoy dual weilding AR's :D
Would this work with energy swords or should I not bother?