Adding new spawns(Mach,bloc,scen...) spawning on system link

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Adding new spawns(Mach,bloc,scen...) spawning on system link

Post by neodos »

Last edited by neodos on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Cool nice tut, I never really learned how to make items system linkable.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

Most of the time you just press fix system link in entity and it works. It rebuilds the predicted resources for you.
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

This has nothing to do with predicted resources did you read the tutorial?

Take ascension.map clone some placement chunks and test with another person on syslink the new cloned chunk won't spawn if you don't do what i explain on this tutorial.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

I meant with weapons and projectiles and whatnot. These placement chunks need this I guess.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Location: Islamic fundamentlist capital of europe, seriously my home town is a hole

Post by bumlove »

A real problem solver thanks neodos,
heres a question or 2 for you:

1 I've looked and noticed that all -Origin BSP Index numbers are all divisible exactly by 512, do you know if this is of any importance?

2 Do the Source# and BSP Policy# have to be completely unique to the map? (example you'd have to check all placement chunks in the scnr, like create, lights, weapons, mach, scen etc, to find a group of unused #'s ) or can you just follow your example without any kind of conflict ?,

Its just that whilst looking I noted that some placements (some,but not all, ones that have the same object from a pallet ) share source and policy number's, but like I said not all same objects/scen have a shared number I haven't had chance to dig deep
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
xzodia

Translator Connoisseur Coagulator

Post by xzodia »

hmmm i must have fucked up that plugin, cause the origin bsp index should always be 0 for multiplayer (since theres only 1 sbsp)
Halo 2 Plugins | Lock-on To Just About Anything | My Sites | Snow Hog
Old Plugins you have, upgrade you must...
Always Maintain a High Quality-To-Crap Ratio.
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

bumlove wrote: 1 I've looked and noticed that all -Origin BSP Index numbers are all divisible exactly by 512, do you know if this is of any importance?
That may just be the algorithm bungie used to automaticaly calculate each Origin Bsp index value for each placement chunk, i don't really know but as long as it works and doesn't cause any bug i think it's ok.
bumlove wrote: 2 Do the Source# and BSP Policy# have to be completely unique to the map? (example you'd have to check all placement chunks in the scnr, like create, lights, weapons, mach, scen etc, to find a group of unused #'s ) or can you just follow your example without any kind of conflict ?,
It doesn't affect other maps you can follow this example or start from number one, source and bsp policy can be the value (source:1 bsp:1) in the same placement chunk, however i would suggest to make unique numbers between each placement type to make sure it will be fine.

bumlove wrote: Its just that whilst looking I noted that some placements (some,but not all, ones that have the same object from a pallet ) share source and policy number's, but like I said not all same objects/scen have a shared number I haven't had chance to dig deep
Consider this like a "part of memory" in-game where the coords and state of the object are saved and sycn with other players in syslink, i guess that if some placement chunks share that it means that when one change of state the others will too, so it may be better to make all unique.

xzodia wrote:hmmm i must have *** up that plugin, cause the origin bsp index should always be 0 for multiplayer (since theres only 1 sbsp)
:(
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Oh yays :]

Thanks Neodos, now I'll think about finishing my mod :|
MrMurder

Revivalist Artisan Droplet Pyre
Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Hey neodos tutorial wise things looking good im getting very tepted to make a return to the halo 2 mod scene ;)
Quick question has there been any progress on adding working switch based machs to maps ???
for exaple i was working on a mod using headlong which has no machs to start with and was adding machs with switches to it i only ever got 1 mach working in of any one type and naturally i needed more lol.
hit me up on msn would be good to catch up.
you will of course have to excuse me im a little rusty.
Bug Stompers "We Endanger Species"

MrMurder The Magnums Of Justice

Thanks for your time.
xzodia

Translator Connoisseur Coagulator

Post by xzodia »

you sir should probably check out http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=74657
Halo 2 Plugins | Lock-on To Just About Anything | My Sites | Snow Hog
Old Plugins you have, upgrade you must...
Always Maintain a High Quality-To-Crap Ratio.
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

MrMurder wrote:Hey neodos tutorial wise things looking good im getting very tepted to make a return to the halo 2 mod scene ;)
Quick question has there been any progress on adding working switch based machs to maps ???
for exaple i was working on a mod using headlong which has no machs to start with and was adding machs with switches to it i only ever got 1 mach working in of any one type and naturally i needed more lol.
hit me up on msn would be good to catch up.
you will of course have to excuse me im a little rusty.
Yup:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8v20GctkI6Y

Tested on syslink it works ;)
MrMurder

Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Thanks Neodos Straight to the point my kinda language lol.
Ok bro well i think betwen you, Darkshallfall, xzodia and detox i think modding has progressed seriously since i last looked in.
with these developments i can finally make the kind of mods ive wanted to make all along.
So would anyone care to bring Ole Murder up to speed on all this new found jiggerypokery lol
Neodos hit me up on msn sometime i would like to go through the process of mac/switch adding with you if thats ok.

Thanks for your time.
MrMurder

Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

xzodia wrote:you sir should probably check out http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=74657
Simply put i couldnt do what i do without you xzodia :lol:

Thanks for your time.
plushiefire

Post by plushiefire »

MrMurder wrote:
xzodia wrote:you sir should probably check out http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=74657
Simply put i couldnt do what i do without you xzodia :lol:
You can use ctrls to activate scrpts too...

Gravity switches

Scripts libary, lotsa scripts
Come check out Team 3volved.