Official AI Zones In MP Tutorial

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

I am one of the few that can do it but look since you have H2Core/Guerilla there is no need for it ...at all.
C Wizzle
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

yes there is a huge need for it, It takes some people like me 3 hours to compile a map in H2Core, and half the time it doesent work. What about all the other people that cant use H2Core, I mean if you try to add anything after that with entity your map gets bricked :? I would kill to have a copy of entity that could do it! I respect Anthony and PokeCanncer for making H2Core and H2Guerilla it is a greate app, but not in conjunction with enitty.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

doing it in entity does work, click was over my house and we had the zones working without using h2core. In fact, when he was over I couldn't get the ai to work with h2core so we used entity and it worked, we had 2 squads, the one squad moved around but would hit walls and the other squad just stud there.

I know it works but i have no way of proving it because I don't have a camera to prove that I did the whole thing in entity.

This computer I'm using now takes 5 minutes to rebuild a map, it takes 10-20 secs to open the bsp in the chunk cloner, 5-10secs to copy the chunk, same to inject the chunk, and then about 30secs to add the meta. Try using a non updated entity because all the new plugins are glitchy which I think is your problem.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

no belive me i can get any one to tell you that you did not do it in entity unless you modifid your source.yes it sayed that it transfered 212, and yes it did apear there, but it was only temparary. Go open the map again and look in the sbsp 212 WONT be there, thats the reason they hit the walls. Trust me I can get any one to tell you that you cant do it in entity unless you have source that can. If you want proof or anything hit me up on AIM and ill personly show you on my computer that you cant. Im not trying to be mean or flam or anything but im just trying to show you that entity does say 212 is there but its only temparary.
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

the map won't even load without offset 212, If I don't add it the game freezes in the pregame lobby.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

what version did you use where did you get it from, this cant be possible?!?!?
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=58976

Thats the one I used, maybe I got lucky with the zones, or maybe it didn't copy over every chunk since you say you need them so the ai don't run into walls.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Trust me when i say it wasnt a special version that i did it with.
Also it isnt H2Core's fault it dosnt work good with entity it is entity.
Also you can't add chunks to the BSP it is impossible witout fixing everything you Fuck up when you add it, Unless with H2Core.
C Wizzle
wistlepig

Post by wistlepig »

I hate to change the subject but i like grimdoomer's tut. The only problem is that h2core and h2gurellia wont even open maps without freezing for me.
wistlepig=groundhog
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

wistlepig wrote:I hate to change the subject but i like grimdoomer's tut. The only problem is that h2core and h2gurellia wont even open maps without freezing for me.
suppermodder theres a perfect example of why we need entity to do this.

And for mr_penguin, yes entity sayed that 212 was there but it relly wasent, as soon as you when to a diffrent tag it was gone because NEVER did transfer it. ya you got lucky THAT ENTITY DIDENT BRICK YOUR MAP!!!!. please open up that map again and look in the bsp tag 212 will not be there. the reason the AI are running into walls is because 212 IS NOT THERE. I hope this clears things up.
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

well now that thats cleared up, now I keep getting black screens when I go to load the map, first I try the map with the ai and it blackscreens. Next I clear my cache and then load the map without ai, same thing happens. Then I redecompile my map and then I decompile a different clean map, then I rebuild and do the same test and I still get a black screen.

My campaign map is clean and I always start with a clean mp map. I'm using coag and 03a_oldmombasa

this happens to my friend sometimes when he tries to spawn another squad after his first squad worked.

Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it.

I even tried different h2core's that I have and they all keep doing the same thing.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

hmm uhh try again with clean maps and delete the folder you have your maps decompiled to and trya again. when its done rebuilding, check the map size if its greater than 79mb then goto the scenario tag in the meta editor. You should see a box that says maptype, change it to single player and test it.
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

just a quick question, what h2core are u using
wistlepig

Post by wistlepig »

i am using version 1.0. it is the only one i could find
wistlepig=groundhog
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

if your asking me i have no idea, i know its not the new one, and it still has the copy all feature.
DirtJumper

re

Post by DirtJumper »

entity 3.9 as grim said does not transfer the bsp chunk cuz I tried and it messed up the map, I always get errors when building with H2Core but i think its my comp.

Ive been trying to get zones on turf because I want to be able to play Ai with non-modders on kai (they seem to like it). does anyone have turf /w zones?
Broke my xbox
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

well, I can add it for you tomaro, ill just upload the serenity file and PM it to you.
plushiefire

Post by plushiefire »

thanks for the tut, expect a map from me anytime at all
Come check out Team 3volved.
XxPTLegitxX

Post by XxPTLegitxX »

can you just move the ai's in enity bsp viewer instead of chosing coordinates, it would be easier can u?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

it should work, though sometimes they wont move. u could move them where u want, copy the coordinates, and paste them in the starting locations ...