How to Add Fire

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

How to Add Fire

Post by grimdoomer »

1) Open your multiplayer map and single player map in entity. In your single player map go to the scen tag and find the scenery you want, in this case i will be using effects\objects\fire_basic_meduim from oldmombasa. Click recrusive and parsed, then save meta.

2) Once it is done saving go to your multiplayer map hit recrusive parsed then build. browse to the folder you just saved it in and click on the .info file.

3) Once it is built into you map go to the scnr tag in bolth maps. From you single player map right click then go to chunk cloner. Navigate to your scenery pallet, and select your scenery then hit copy to clip board.

4) In your single player map go to the chunk cloner the same way you did in the single player map. Navigate to your scenery pallet select it, then hit add to selected reflexive/chunk, then hit add meta to map. It will say done apon comletion.

5) You may now close you sp map and full screen you mp map. Still in the scnr tag go back to the chunk cloner, expand the scenery placement and click the last scenery reflexive(the last one in the list that you expanded). clone 1 chunk then add meta to map.

6) Once done, still in the scnr tag go to the meta editor. Click tools, show, then hit show invisibles. Once the tag loads go down to you see scenery pallet. In the first drop down box scroll down untile you see the scenery you just added. then remember what number it is.

7) Go up untile you see scenery placement. In the first drop down box select the last scenery placement. Then in the box that says chunk number put the number of your scenery in. Hit save, then go down till you see a check box (right befor scenery pallet) then check all the game varients. Hit save.

8) Go back up to where you just put the chunk number of you scenery in, make sure your scenery is still selected if not select it. Then you can put your x,y,z coodinates in. hit save sign it and ftp. done.

srry for no pics and this is my first tut so bar with me.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.