Weather in non-weathered map

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

This is why I believe in giving step by step instructions in my tutorials... by step by step I mean mouse click by mouse click, lol... PS; your pictures are cruel to my browser and that's bad considering I have an abnormally wide aspect ratio on my laptop LCD monitor...

<------------------they're to wide----------------------->
da dude of halo2

Wordewatician 250

Post by da dude of halo2 »

Ive rebuilt the map but I cant find it what ahppend to it?
If you want to hear some awsome amature music mixed and remixed and newly composed then check out my myspace. www.myspace.com/djmetriod
-enjoy.

kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

If you aren't able to understand what i've wrote then look for an individual to help you. My tutorial is not flawed and doesn't need anymore explaining. I've even put large detailed pictures to help. I have a 19" monitor and the pictures I have posted view just fine. They don't require my browser to scroll left and right to view.

@da dude...If you rebuilt the map. Then it should be located in the same folder you had the old map. To make sure, look at it's file size.

To ALL: Anthony already gave a tutorial that is short and to the point on how to do this. If you can't use my tutorial which is longer, more in depth, and littered with pictures...then the problem exists with the user. This tutorial was made with the intent that the user's had experience with h2core and h2guerilla. If you can't get this to work, then you more than likely have a problem with sp-mp conversions as well. This tutorial has been tested by myself mutiple times and I know for a fact it works and there are no flaws.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

with your pics you really don't need to explain things all that well. And anyways I was really just giving you a hard time, lol.

The pics aren't a big problem but hor-scrolling annoys me, lol.

Anyways; GJ! (Although now I don't have a reason to make this tutorial...*sigh*...Oh well now I have a reason to finish the Bumpmapping tut of mine... lol... I tend to rant don't I?
da dude of halo2

Wordewatician 250

well

Post by da dude of halo2 »

naw I looked at the map and its the exsact same byets as the same as the map with out the weather. I thought It would Create a map called Coagulation.map.map to tell its the new map but when I rebuilt it. I didnt know where it went.

edit I get these errors wtf?

If you want to hear some awsome amature music mixed and remixed and newly composed then check out my myspace. www.myspace.com/djmetriod
-enjoy.

Glitch102

Omfg..

Post by Glitch102 »

Well i followed it all, done exactly as it says, yet i FTPed it to my box, and whenever i load it, and the gmae has finished counting, it freezes and i have to restart my box. Any help with this?
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

NP Jackson.

Dude, I don't know what else to tell you. If you are following my tutorial word for word then there should be no problem at all. I have fully tested this and it worked.

P.S. The scenario file size doesn't change. It's the bsp meta's file size that should change.

Glitch, like I stated above... I have tested this mutiple times. I'm not sure why you would get a freezing map. Try clearing your cache drives as a last resort. Atleast try a different map and see if it works.

People! This could also be a problem pertaining to the newest version's of h2core and h2guerilla. I haven't had much luck with the new versions doing conversions and I haven't had time to check and see if they work with this tutorial.
stewygriffen6666

Post by stewygriffen6666 »

im using the 4-7-07 version i think and i keep getting the rebuilder not responding or low vitural memory....
ThaGreatOne

Post by ThaGreatOne »

tried this a couple times, and i just cant seem to get this to work, i followed it perfectly, the map rebuilt perfectly but when i go to load the map it goes directly to black screen. idk what i did wrong if i did do anything wrong
Dissolution241

Post by Dissolution241 »

This won't work with the new versions of the apps.
Unleash the Fucking Wolves
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

When I rebuild with new version (Not sure about old version...) I get missing menu text and odd map loading (blue screen loading on splitscreen) plus JMADs F-up, same with teleporters, and mostly everything else...
C4rn4g3

Post by C4rn4g3 »

I get this error..do you know what it means??? this is when i am rebuilding the map i clicked keep existing spawns and it didnt work...help
C4rn4g3

Post by C4rn4g3 »

Halo32007july2

Post by Halo32007july2 »

Yo how do u rebuild ur map? After ur done?
CptnNsan0

Stylist Snitch! Collaborator Commentator

Post by CptnNsan0 »

in h2core go to map>rebuild
Halo32007july2

Post by Halo32007july2 »

Umm when i rebuilt my map in h2 core i checked all the things off then got the .scenerio or wutever and then it finished then i resigned and i failed to load the map?
Finalkeyblader

Post by Finalkeyblader »

Is it possible to put 2 weathers on a map?
As in Backwash's fog and Lockout's snow on Turf?
foxfanatic23I7

Stylist Advisor Coroner Connoisseur

Post by foxfanatic23I7 »

Fog isn't a weather >_<. So yes, you can do what you are asking for, and no I don't think you can add two weathers to a single sbsp.
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

I think Detox tried to put two weathers into one map and it didn't work. But i'm not sure on the specifics. Ask him how it went if you would like.
Finalkeyblader

Post by Finalkeyblader »

The reason I'd like to do this is because the fog and snow mix on Turf would make something like a silent hill environment if I did 0 saturation and that sort of thing. I don't know how I'd turn the fog white, though. Unless it gets edited too by ULMT.
By the way, what tag is fog in?