Weather in non-weathered map

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

It's in the sky tag. It has RGB values that you can edit to change the color of the fog. If you want white, change them all to 1. Some maps have different kinds of fogs, active fogs that move I believe. If you want that in your map you need to transfer the [fpch] tag. I believe Backwash has it for reference. You will also need to add the fog chunk into the sky tag if you want the active fog in a map that doesn't have it.
Finalkeyblader

Post by Finalkeyblader »

Would it be too much trouble if I asked you for a sppf or serenity patch for turf with white fog and snow?
This all sounds very confusing, and I don't know anything about transferring tags to other maps. Also I can't even use this tutorial because whenever I decompile, nothing happens and after about 10 minutes it gives me an error message and closes. Of course I know it isn't the tutorial's fault. It must be something wrong with my computer or the program because I have all of the needed maps in the same folder and everything.
fudgy

?

Post by fudgy »

i did everything right, but it wont let me rebuild...it wont let me browse and select the following file. "headlong.scenario_structure_bsp" should i delete "_structure_bsp" from it and inject that? idk what to do :(
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

What won't let you choose the file? h2guerilla? Also you will be wanting to rebuild the scenario not the bsp. The scenario should be decompiled in the same folder as your structure bsp. So what you are looking for to rebuild would be something like...headlong.scenario. That is all.
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

kibito87 wrote:What won't let you choose the file? h2guerilla? Also you will be wanting to rebuild the scenario not the bsp. The scenario should be decompiled in the same folder as your structure bsp. So what you are looking for to rebuild would be something like...headlong.scenario. That is all.
but when i open headlong.scenario, it doesnt have the weather pallette, and the visual thing.

so i used the files you were using witht he extra addon.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

fudgy wrote:
kibito87 wrote:What won't let you choose the file? h2guerilla? Also you will be wanting to rebuild the scenario not the bsp. The scenario should be decompiled in the same folder as your structure bsp. So what you are looking for to rebuild would be something like...headlong.scenario. That is all.
but when i open headlong.scenario, it doesnt have the weather pallette, and the visual thing.

You open the structure BSP file. Not the scenario.
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

Eaton wrote:
fudgy wrote:

You open the structure BSP file. Not the scenario.
oh well the .sbsp file doesnt have any of the tags :| like "weather pallete" or "visual mesh or w.e"
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

ok. do i open, headlong.scenario?
and then backwash.scenario?

but headlong.scenario doesnt have the weather pallette part >:|
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

I don't have the programs on my un-rar'ed on my computer so I can't tell you for sure but I do believe you need to open both "headlong.scenario_structure_bsp" and "backwash.scenario_structure_bsp". Put them side by side as I did in the tutorial. They do contain what is needed to reference the weather.

See in my tutorial I opened lockout's bsp and coagulations. Coagulation doesn't come standard with the weather pallete. As you can see it has nothing next to it for a number. Lockout's (looking at the picture" has a 0 which is what the snow is. Now all you need to do is (with backwash opened up) is find the weather pallete and click the copy button that is next to it. Then paste that into headlongs.

If this is too hard to understand upload a picture of what your backwash and headlong sbsp files look like when you open them in guerilla.