[Halo 2] Teleporter adding Tutorial

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

[Halo 2] Teleporter adding Tutorial

Post by kibito87 »

Teleporters consist of scenery and the objective for it.

*since entity's chunk cloner doesn't display exactly which objectives are which I had to use entity's bsp viewer to figure out the chunk number of each.*

1. Figured out which 2 objective chunks were for exit and entrance. Using Coagulation to get the teleporters from, i found that chunk 0 and chunk 1 are the exit and entra
nce.

2. Open coagulations scnr tag. right click on the references area. Choose chunk cloner. In the chunk cloner what you want to do is go to the objectives reflexive and copy to clipboard chunk0.

3. Now make sure the chunk0 is highlighted, right click, copy to clipboard. Now shut the chunk cloner and minimize coag.

4. Open your map (i'm going to use Lockout).

5. Go to your maps scnr tag. Go to the chunk cloner and click on the objective reflexive. Don't expand, just click. Then on the right, select "add to ref/chunk.

6. repeat the same exact procedure for chunk1 as we did for chunk0.

7. Once you've added both chunks to your map they should be the last 2 chunks on objective reflexives list, making the total amount of the chunk count obviously 2 higher than it was. Now on the right click add meta to map.

8. It should finish and say done. Now bring coagulation back up. Scroll to the scen tag. Find the teleporter scenery. Click on it. On the right side of entity click, recursive and parsed. Then next to that hit save. Save the info somewhere on your computer.

9. Open lockout. Click recursive and parsed, then below there hit the build button. Find the folder you saved your scenery in. There will be a .info file. Click that and open.

10. You now have the teleporter's objective and scenery in the map. But don't have any teleporter scenery spawned for the objectives yet.

11. Go to the scnr tag again. Open up the chunk adder once again. Navigate to the scenery pallette. Open it up. Scroll down to the last piece of scenery and click on it. Then on the right in the box where it says 20. Change that to 1. Now hit, clone chunks. *What you have now done is made a spot in the scenery pallette for the teleporter scenery.

12. Now keep the chunk cloner open and this time find the scenery placement.We want to clone the last chunk 2 times, so we have scenery for the entrance and exit teleporters. After it's cloned 2 chunks for the placement, Let's hit add meta to map again.

13. Now once the cloner is closed, still being in the scnr tag. Let's go to the upper right hand corner of entity and hit the tools bar, then meta editor.

14. In the meta editor, scroll down till you find the scenery pallette reflexive. In the first dropdown bar, go to the last chunk. It will be the chunk we are using to make into a teleporter. So choose the last chunk there, below that switch it from whatever scenery it is now to the teleporter scenery. At the top of the window hit save.

15. Now scroll up a tiny bit to the scenery placement. Here you will want to choose the last chunk yet again. Once the last chunk is selected, underneath that it should tell you what scenery chunk number it's using. So now we want to change that number to the number of the scenery pallette's. To check the number on the scenery pallete just scroll down to it, choose the last chunk and that's your number. Say you have 8 scenery pallette chunks. Well I added one for the teleporters so my map would have a total of 9. 9 being the one we changed for the teleporter. So for the placement reflexive in the scenery chunk # box we'd put 9. Or in your case whatever your pallette chunk number was. Hit save again at the top. Remeber cloning 2 chunks for the placement? Well we want both of those to have scenery so, the last two chunks in the placement reflexive represent the entrance and exit. So the second to last chunk is also going to be teleporter scenery. So do the same exact method we used for the other chunk.

16. Optional but good idea* In that same Meta Editor, you will see the x,y,z coordinates for the 2 teleporter scenery chunks. Which obviously are the coordinates for where they will spawn. Copy those down somewhere.

17. In the meta editor, scroll down till you find the objective placement reflexive. The last two chunks in the dropdown box are your teleporter entrance and exit. By clicking on each of them it will tell you this in the Enum16 Type box.

Side note* I'd switch the Enum Team box from a team to neutral. Just incase.

18. Anways, you'll see the x,y,z coordinates for the objective. So for me chunk 74 and 75 are my entrance and exit. So let's choose the 74, being my second to last chunk. Change it's x,y,z coordinates to ONE of the scenery's coordinates. So let's say my scenery's coord. were x=4 y=5 z=7. I want to change my second to last chunk to have the same coordinates.

19. repeat the same procedure for the last objective chunk and with the second set of coordinates for your scenery.

- What we have now done is spawned the objective with scenery so it's visible to players. Next, we need to visually place them so we can put them on our map.

20. Make sure everything got saved correctly. After, we want to open the sbsp tag. Click that and on the right side. Open the bsp viewer. (blue +).

21. Once your bsp viewer is open. On the left, hit the edit tab. Check the scenery and the objective boxes. Now close the edit tab and open the spawns tab. Next to the objectives tree, tehre is a +. Hit that and it should display all the objective spawns in list format. Scroll through till you find the chunk number's that pertain to your objectives. Mine being 74 and 75 like stated and found earlier. Now, double click one of them. The camera should automatically be placed right where your objective and scenery are. Move the camera back maybe even a little up. You should now see what looks to be a base of a teleporter and a masterchief standing on top of it.

22. Select the masterchief first and at the bottom of the bsp viewer it should display if it's the entrance or exit. Either way, after you figure that out, make sure both are now selected and move them to where you may want them.

23. Now go back to where the other objective is spawned. Using the selected method to find the first works just fine. Now have both of those highlighted and move them to where ever you'd like. Now you have placed the teleporter and objective in the same area. So when you see the teleporter, the objective is there also. Basically put, you run into the teleporter, you teleport.

24. At the top right hand corner of bsp viewer hit the save button. make sure it saves. Exit the bsp viewer.

25. On the right side of entity hit the tools button then select fix system link. It fixes it, you then at the right bottom area hit sign. It signs the map.

26. Ftp the map to your xbox. Enjoy your newly added teleporters.
Last edited by kibito87 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick6969

teleporter scenery

Post by rick6969 »

hello iam pretty new here i followed youre tut and it spawned 6 teleporter scenery so thath wasent to bad only 4 was working then i tried in another map and i can see to in bsp viewer but they dont apper on map when i place them :?
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

My tutorial only explains how to add 1 chunk to the pallette for the scenery. then to actually spawn the scenery on the map you cloned 2 chunks for the entrance and exit. Why did you have 6 scenery chunks?
xDGxCUREx

I did it and it doesnt work

Post by xDGxCUREx »

I did this full tutorial seeming how i was the one who made a topic and requested a tutorial like this. And i had a different username at the time. But anyways i did this full tutorial and none of it worked. I did it on turf and i could not see the green teleportal or anything. Not sure why. Well technically i didnt do this full tutorial i did an easier way. I tooks some objectives and make them teleportal entrances and exits. but then i did the scenery object part of the tutorial. and i did every part of it. And i could not go in the teleportal or see the scenery.
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

I followed this tutorial, and the teleporters appear, but I can't use them. :?
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

xDGxCUREx wrote:I did this full tutorial seeming how i was the one who made a topic and requested a tutorial like this. And i had a different username at the time. But anyways i did this full tutorial and none of it worked. I did it on turf and i could not see the green teleportal or anything. Not sure why. Well technically i didnt do this full tutorial i did an easier way. I tooks some objectives and make them teleportal entrances and exits. but then i did the scenery object part of the tutorial. and i did every part of it. And i could not go in the teleportal or see the scenery.
You didn't follow my tutorial exactly, so then there would be a flaw elsewhere... :roll:
Fleabag77 wrote:I followed this tutorial, and the teleporters appear, but I can't use them. :?
I've personally done this twice now and it worked both times. I guarentee my tutorial works. I could make a video of it as well but it would be half a gig...so there'd be no point. Do you guys need pictures?
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

I found it pretty straightfoward, but yeah, pictures would help.
rick6969

tanks

Post by rick6969 »

ok well tanks for the info but still dont know y i had 6 dosent matter found a nother way to do it but youre way works but i can only see them in the bsp not in game :roll:
IKP1SAT
Readers Club

Post by IKP1SAT »

this isnt a very good tut u shud have pics of everything to do and ur wording is confusing...
smokey

Post by smokey »

It is a good tut, and in depth enought that pics arent really needed.

However for some reason, my teleporters were not visible...
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

Mine are visible (after some tweaking), but I can't use them.

Once again, pics would help, because it's possible that you left out a step.
smokey

Post by smokey »

Mine arent visible, and I can use them. For you, make sure the little spartan guy that is linked with the objective is one top of the teleporters. What tweaking did you do? I can see mine...
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Since so many people seem to be having difficulty following words. If/once I get time, i'll remake this with pix. :wink:
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

Thank you!
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

if you want a two sets of teleporters than you need to do the tut twice.

do the tut twice but skip the scenery pallette for the second teleporter, Than to make them both work you need to change the value below team in the objective reflexive from 0 to 1 then the next teleporter set to 2 and so on

it would look kind of like this

chunk 1 & 2 make values 0

chunk 3 & 4 make values 1

I read the tut and it works but it needs some more detail for new modders that don't know entity that well
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
ramses

Post by ramses »

to add to mr. penguin's reply, if the map already has teleporters (i did this to coagulation to get to the top easy) 0, and 1 were already taken, so i used 2. worked perfectly but it has to be 2 way. maybe i will take it from warlock or something.
edit: warlock's teleporters are just entrance of 0 and exit of 1 together. not on top of each other though. that would make you loop through them.
click16

Location: in a room on my computer, school, friends houses, many other places!

Post by click16 »

good job
fodendaryl

Post by fodendaryl »

I've tried to make a teleporter using many tutorials. I cant see where i'm going wrong? Is there a certain way the spartan needs to face? or his colour? I got the values sorted, but it aint workin. Do i have to be in an objective gametype for these to work>? GAH so confuzzled
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Um, it's very easy.

Heres another way to do it (But you have to sacrifice 2 objective spawns) :

1.) Say you don't like territories, then click on a territory "spartan" and change it to "Teleporter Entrance". Then, the number on the right hand side, change to 11

2.) Hit Main > Save Changes

3.) Select another territory "spartan". Change it to "Teleporter Exit" and on the right hand side, change the number to 11.

4.) Hit Main > Save Changes

5.) Put the teleporter entrance "spartan" somewhere you'll remember and then do the same for the exit "spartan".

6. Hit Main > Save Changes. Resign. FTP.

*NOTE* This does NOT make the teleporter visible. The teleporter will work, the scenery just won't be there. To make it visible, spawn the teleporter scenery and move it over the teleporter exit and entrance "spartans" in the bsp viewer.
fodendaryl

Post by fodendaryl »

Hmm :(

Didnt seem to work. Maybe its my version of entity? I think its the old version, like the BSP viewer. I'll try using a newer entity and see if it helps