Godzilla Elites + Command Script Tutorial

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
Agent ME

Articulatist 500

Post by Agent ME »

Well it obviously has to be assigned in some way to the squad for it to work for them, but I think there is a way to assign a command script to a squad in run-time through various commands, but I doubt Shalted's compiler would work with those commands' arguments, and I haven't done much with it myself.
Last edited by Agent ME on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slayer410

Post by slayer410 »

Agent ME wrote:Well it obviously has to be assigned in some way to the squad for it to work for them, but I there is a way to assign a command script to a squad in run-time through various commands, but I doubt Shalted's compiler would work with those commands' arguments, and I haven't done much with it myself.
Yes, that is what I was refering to. I myself know how to do it, I was merely informing you and the community.
uncutshadow

Post by uncutshadow »

i think there should be a v2 where you fight off..... giant grunts. That would be awsoooooooooome. :mrgreen:
foxfanatic23I7

Stylist Advisor Coroner Connoisseur

Post by foxfanatic23I7 »

uncutshadow wrote:i think there should be a v2 where you fight off..... giant grunts. That would be awsoooooooooome. :mrgreen:
and then one giant tartarus, from the last level, or a giant prophet would be cool too. (i know almost nothign about ai, so please do not flame at me if tartarus and a prophet arent possible).
Munsie

Blacksmith

Post by Munsie »

Tartersauce and Prophets don't load right. I've tried. >_<

Mb once a bit more is developped and researched they will be... Until then, you have to stick with the "regular" characters.

~Munsie
t_mann05

Articulatist 250

Post by t_mann05 »

where did your pics go agent? i cant see them. they have a red x in the corner? :( can u send the pics to [email protected] thanks
smacktalker

Trickster Commentator Wordewatician 500

Location: Europe. as in i'm speaking broken english coz i'm polish :D

Post by smacktalker »

do something cooler then a command script to enlarge the elite models.

and upload pics to imageshack or a normal imagehost. :?
Halo 2 Modder&Player,XBC:Ownagemaster.
Mainmenu mod-=-Spacestation Deck-=-Conduit-=-Waterworld-=-South Side
Visit headshotmasta his new site! (Click burning insolence)
Agent ME

Articulatist 500

Post by Agent ME »

For the ubereth time already - this was a proof of concept mod, and a way to show off how to do something.

I've already given enough information for any user here to make a command script mod themself. If you want to see something cool, like a corpse-humping elite ai, that runs around randomly, then go for it yourself. It is easy as pie with Shalted's compiler. It'd take all of, 5 minutes? Even less if you've scripted before.
t_mann05

Articulatist 250

Post by t_mann05 »

(script continuous rox_respawner
(begin
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count ai_squad) 0))
(sleep 150)
(ai_place ai_squad)
)
)

For this script to work, how do i get it to compile? i put it in the compiler and hit compile, but it gives me an error. do i have to change it around like the parenthesis arent right? And what would the string name be to make it work? thanks
Agent ME

Articulatist 500

Post by Agent ME »

That won't work in Shalted's compiler - it doesn't support the AI data type. Just use the hand-compiled hex code that was in the post where I posted that code... :/
t_mann05

Articulatist 250

Post by t_mann05 »

ok so its already compiled meaning i dont have to compile it......where do i inject this script at in entity? sorry im a noob at scripting and just want to try the respawn one
FFIIMan

Post by FFIIMan »

Man i wish shalted would make it easier for all of us and finish his script compiler!
L0d3x

Articulatist 250

Post by L0d3x »

Sorry if I'm bumping this but I have to know. Agent ME have you already been able to succesfully direct say a banshee through certain points using AI Commands in for example coagulation?

PS: the tutorial that goes with this won't load on my browser.
asif333

Post by asif333 »

great tut!
want to read my sig?? u already rode it...

btw this person is not offensive 0.0