[Halo 2] Adding new 'things' to a map only using Entity

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
MrBalll

Acolyte Bloodhound Recreator Connoisseur
Illusionist

[Halo 2] Adding new 'things' to a map only using Entity

Post by MrBalll »

Adding new 'things' by MrBalll
Needed program- Entity
Update was getting rid of Insolence and just swapping in Entity. This part of the update was found by PyroBlizzard.

Make sure you start off with a clean map.
In this tut I will add a few more Wraiths to the map, but you can add whatever you want.
Ok start off by opening Entity. Then go the itmc tag and choose a weapon, doesn't matter which one.
Then Right Click it and select Duplicate.
Then it will duplicate the weapon and when its done a box will pop up saying Done. Click ok and see if your newly duplicated item is there. It should
have a (1) on the end, unless you've made more than one copy of it.
After that click the Save button in Entity.
Now while still in in the itmc tag click the duplicated weapon, red in the picture. Now on the right side of Entity, where it displays the Description and Offset and the others, click the item permutations and right click it and click Display then click Idents.
Now you will see the text 'Item' in the left side. Click it so its highlighted in blue.
Then right click it and click Swap. After that a little box will come up.
Change all that around until you find what you want, mine will be the wraith. After you find what you want click Swap idents.
Then click the Save button no the right side. Now open the scnr tag, red in the pic, and go to the Netgame Equipment, red in picture
and Right Click it and click Clone Chunks. Then a little box will pop up called the Chunk Cloner. Clone as many items as you want, so 5
chunks will make the map have 5 more Wraiths, or whatever you pick.
After you find your specified number click Add Chunks To Tag. After 15-30 seconds a box will pop up saying Done. Then save the changes.

Ok now while still in the scnr tag right click and Click Display then Idents.
Now you will see a lot of scens, ligh, and other tags. All you need to worry about are the itmc
Last edited by MrBalll on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImOd4FuN_NL

Post by ImOd4FuN_NL »

im going to try this will post Tommorow some pics if it worked
G.I.R.

Recreator Coroner

Post by G.I.R. »

It works, trust me, you don't need to bump this either.
I think Noobraska is a pretty cool state. eh grows corn and doesn't afraid of anythng.
(12:18:11 AM) GTAF: DAMNIT GIR WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF VINCE'S DICK.
thejay

Post by thejay »

can you post a link to a dl to entity
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3oj2sr Entity 1.3 with AI in BSP viewer
nanagn11

Post by nanagn11 »

I cant get into the RAW editor, its in grey and i can't click on it, I'm using a different version of entity i think

EDIT:nevermind I worked it out but i dont know how to use the BSP viewer
"May contain traces of nuts"
add me on live

My XBL gamertag (360) : nikstor
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

This is not a question topic.
If you have a question as it in the...
...New Users Forum
...Tech Questions and Problems Forum
or
...Help desk

As for you BSP viewer...
1)Open the SBSP and seelect the only tag in it.
2)Once selected, a blue "+" will come up at the top right.
3)Select that blue plus and select "View BSP"

The BSP Viewer's performance depends on you computers graphix
Last edited by DemonicSandwich on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
Shadow LAG
Readers Club

Articulatist 500

Post by Shadow LAG »

anyone who bumps deserves five minutes of flaming and a slap on the wrist. especially something this old. Since this is your second time in a row being told not to bump I think someone should punch you in the head severely hard. No offense or anything :roll: .
Long live Detox
Long live leo
Long live the trust.

Sticking it to the man since 16 Jun 2005
Prison

Post by Prison »

Where is the Raw Editor? i have tried like 3 different DL's of Entity and can't find it..
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Prison wrote:Where is the Raw Editor? i have tried like 3 different DL's of Entity and can't find it..
It's now known as the SBSP viewer. Select the [sbsp] tag and click the blue "+" sign and then select "view BSP".

It's only called the "raw editor" in alpha 1
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
wrolyat

Post by wrolyat »

Hmm... I can't find the add chunk to tag... here is the screen I have when I click clone chunk:

It doesn't look like the one mentioned in the tutorial.
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

Click the + sign near Netgame Equipment, then choose any weapon (I prefer using the rocket launcher/energy sword, because there's usually only one spawn on the map which makes it easier to find). Set the amount of chunks to clone on the right (5 in this tutorial), click Clone, then Add Meta To Map.

wrolyat

Post by wrolyat »

Thanks, but I am looking to add the Pelican to the map. I cannot find it listed in the drop-down menu. Any ideas how to get it there?

(I have already added the pelican's vehicle tag to the map, vehi)

Alright I cloned the battle rifle and swapped it to the changed itmc. I cannot find the raw editor, it is not on my Entity (the latest version.)
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

wow I could have used this hours ago >_> but I had already found a tut about it this one is better though because you have pix :)
RaVNzCRoFT removed my signature because it contained too many lines of text. I'll read the rules next time.
Fleabag77

Commentator

Post by Fleabag77 »

Raw Editor is called the BSP Viewer now. Click the blue + sign in the top right.
wrolyat

Post by wrolyat »

Hmm... I found that, but my computer doesn't load the map correctly and it's extremely skippy when I go to find the spawn point of something. I am also unsure of how to put things on the map considering mine does not load.
blackdiamond

Post by blackdiamond »

i just want to say, because you guys just cant figure this out, is that instead of making like 10 of those things, then changing EVERY SINGLE ONE, just clone one spawn, change it to whatever, then clone that one however many times. it can save time very easily :roll:
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

wrolyat wrote:Hmm... I can't find the add chunk to tag... here is the screen I have when I click clone chunk:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9459/chunkmz9.png

It doesn't look like the one mentioned in the tutorial.
You first have to choose a reflexive you want to add chunks to. Open the reflexive, choose a chunk inside that reflexive and highlight. On the right. Instead of 20. Choose how many chunks you want to add. Say 5. Then click, clone. After that, on the right click add meta to map. Bam, you just added 5 chunks to a reflexive of your choice.
hockeyfanatic

Post by hockeyfanatic »

evry time i try this it says out of the bounds of the aray... can somone help
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

hockeyfanatic wrote:evry time i try this it says out of the bounds of the aray... can somone help
Use a clean map and make sure your resource maps are fresh/clean. (resource maps = shared.map, single_player_shared.map, and mainmenu.map)