Xbox Intermediate: Getting Halo 2 on your normal HDD

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
destroyer69

Commentator

Xbox Intermediate: Getting Halo 2 on your normal HDD

Post by destroyer69 »

Now for all the people who think I am going to tell you how to do this after upgrading you're HDD, you are wrong. This is a tutorial for a normal HDD, the one the xbox comes with. I am the one who wrote this tutorial, not the one who discovered the way to do this.
Anyway how to do this.
1 You need flash FXP or a similar FTP client, and a lot of time.

Open up FXP and connect to your xbox. Then put in your disk and let it load but dont start game. When it is loaded go to your D drive. Copy the whole folder that says D onto your computer into a clean empty folder called Halo 2. This is the long part. It will take a few hours at max. Get a good book or somthing. When it is done open it up and take out all the single player maps under the maps section. This includes the singleplayershared.map. Leave all the other maps in there. Then FTP it back into your E drive under games and continue reading your book or whatever. When it is done you should have Halo 2 on your HDD. What can i do with this you ask? Well you can play Halo 2 without the disk so now you can loan your halo-less friends the disk for money and still play it. Also the greater benefit is that you can mod the old maps and that is a reason for living all by itself.

The founder of this is my friend Ler999.
If anyone gets credit it should be him.
xxChrisxCrossxx

Post by xxChrisxCrossxx »

Hey Bro!!! Great Tut Im going to try it now. But there is one thing that i think would speed it up a little bit. Copying every thing in D but not the maps folder. Then after you get every thing but maps copy all the multiplayer maps into a folder you make in the disk fold called maps. Just to get rid of the single player maps =] So idk
Themandyou

Post by Themandyou »

Do you realize, that you're a little over 2 years late for replying to this?
xxChrisxCrossxx

Post by xxChrisxCrossxx »

No.. I just got here. =] And I wanted to put this up where people can see it =] so they can share in my happiness =]
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Share your happiness? For one, this tutorial doesn't even have pictures. Not that you really need pictures for something this simple, but still.

You really shouldn't be happy about this, as it was accomplished in 2004. 4 years ago.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

He added something worthwhile and productive. There is absolutely no reason that shouldn't be allowed. Nor should he be scolded for it. Chris, i'm glad this tutorial helped and thank you for contributing to this.
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

You're both wrong.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

SpecOp44 wrote:You're both wrong.
Don't fuel the fire. Take it to PM's if you want to argue further.
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

Stop.
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

If it helped one person, namely Criss, then the tutorial and comment was worth it.
Sweet tutorial.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
Themandyou

Post by Themandyou »

The comment didn't help...

It was confusing, nobody who doesn't have Halo 2 on their HD and intends to do it read it, and he pointlessly brought back a 2 year old topic.
albinopopscl

Post by albinopopscl »

Destroyer69, thanks a ton for this. I wasn't sure if this was possible, as up to this point all I've been doing was modding the newer maps on my HDD. Thanks a ton! Now I can finally try out all the mods on this site :D