Jackel Shield In Multiplayer: Tutorial

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
II HardModder II

Jackel Shield In Multiplayer: Tutorial

Post by II HardModder II »

Contributed by MasterChief2829
This will teach you how to inject the Jackal Shield from SP to MP. Full First Person working models and everything. There is a video tutorial and a text tutorial but your safer starting with the text tutorial and once u've done it u can watch the video for fun or something cause the video kinda got messed up.

Video Tut
Step 1 -Open Maps
First, open Insolence. Within Insolence, open the multiplayer map which you would like to add the weapon to and any single player map which contains the jackal_shield.weap tag. For this tutorial, I'm going to move the jackal shield from 05a_deltaapproach.map into turf.map.

Step 2-Drag & Drop
In the 05a_deltaapproach.map window, locate the jackal_shield.weap. Left click it once to select it, then left click again and Drag&Drop the tag into turf.map.

Step 3-MoveBox
A small status box will pop up to give you information about what the program is doing while you wait. The longest part is usually "Relinkng" and it may seem like it froze.. it didn't, it just has to do a lot of file reading & writing at this point, so let it be. When the move is done, this box will go away.

Step 4-Update the FP Model Dependencies
Once the tag is in the multiplayer map (turf in this example), locate the jackal_shield.weap again. This time, Double Click the tag to open it for editing. Use the IFP Plugin in Dev Mode to make sure that both chunks of the FP Model reflexive contains a FP model and an animation. For the reflexive, chunk 0 should be Masterchief's FP Model & Animations, and chunk 1 should be the FP Model and Animations for an Elite. In chunk 0 it should be all filled out so leave it alone in this case. In chunk 1 it is Nulled Out so you got to change it. For the Model (mode) put objects\weapons\melee\jackal_shield\fp_jackal_shield\fp_jackal_shield and for the Animation (jmad) put objects\characters\dervish\fp\weapons\pistol\fp_plasma_pistol\fp_plasma_pistol. Yes Plasma Pistol, Trust me it will work, u will have a FP Jackal Shield and you will see it on the ground as a Jackal Shield, need proof watch the video or just do it yourself, I wouldnt lie. (It's animation btw, thats why)

Step 5-Getting the Weapon in the Game
Now the weapon has to be placed into the game play somehow. There are many ways to do this which include swapping weapon projectiles to the new weap tag, or creating a new itmc and swapping it in the scnr. The easiest way to do this is to open an [itmc] tag and change the dependency to the new jackal_shield.weap. I will swap it with the shotgun. Locate and Open the shotgun.itmc tag with an IFP plugin. Change the dependency to the new weap tag. Now all the shotguns in the game will be changed to jackal shield's.

Step 6-Fix Encryption
Once the FP Models are fixed, and the item is in the game somewhere, all you have to do is select "Fix Map Encryption" from the Map Options menu, close the map, close Insolence, FTP it up to the xbox, and enjoy your jackal shield. Last Updated ( Sunday, 12 June 2005 )

PS Sorry About Rapid Share
Hyperdash

Location: Can you feel that cold steel digging into your spine? That's me, B1TC|-|!!

Post by Hyperdash »

This is for H2 isn't it?
pyrobob

Post by pyrobob »

no, of course not.
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

Hyperdash wrote:This is for H2 isn't it?
DUH
Arbiter Elite

Post by Arbiter Elite »

wat about pc?
\