.:: Tutorial: How to apply these mods ::.

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

.:: Tutorial: How to apply these mods ::.

Post by Martijn Gelissen »

Well since I see a lot of requests about how to apply ppf's a wrote a tutorial (sticky?)

A few things that need to be done first:
Last edited by Martijn Gelissen on Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martijn (aka Chimaera)- HALOMAPS TEAM
--------- www.halomaps.com ---------
MAXIMAL0

Post by MAXIMAL0 »

so do you need to clear your cache? And what about that shared.map thing...do you just patch that as a regular ppf? I could not get the mod with the flood juggernaut AI on it to work and I PPFed and Signed it.....am I missing something?
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

MAXIMAL0 wrote:so do you need to clear your cache? And what about that shared.map thing...do you just patch that as a regular ppf? I could not get the mod with the flood juggernaut AI on it to work and I PPFed and Signed it.....am I missing something?
Well normally the maps are overwritten everytime you play a map, so usually just playing a different map before playing the modded works just fine.
But in the case of, the single_player_shared.map and the shared.map its a little different.
Here you SHOULD delete your cache files otherwise it wont work.

To delete your cache files, make connection with your box using smartftp and go into the X:\,Y:\, and Z:\ drive and clear the cache000 untill cache005
*Dunno for sure if they could be in E:\ asw3ll

Good lcuk,
Martijn
EveryDayLife

Post by EveryDayLife »

what are the value, and next value that you put in when you add a map to mainmenu?
Stealthy

Post by Stealthy »

I currently have not had to use the encryptomatic signature tool yet. Im wondering if maybe it depends on the extent of alteration that the ppf is gonna be doing.
Brendo23

Post by Brendo23 »

whats the port in the address bar?? do i put anything there?? plz help im just a noob at modding
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

Brendo23 wrote:whats the port in the address bar?? do i put anything there?? plz help im just a noob at modding
Just leave it blank. If that doesn't work try port 21 (that's mine configuration) Although I believe it will auto detect the right port.

Good luck,
Martijn
Brendo23

Post by Brendo23 »

do i hav to use a different cable?? im using system link cable.... :?
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

Brendo23 wrote:do i hav to use a different cable?? im using system link cable.... :?
Depends on how you connect to your xbox.
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

Look on http://www.xbox-scene.com
Here you will find all the info about modchips, and programs to put games on your HDD (HDDLoader)

Good luck,
Martijn
handsom_dick

Post by handsom_dick »

Actually, a xbox system link cable is a crossover cable, therefore, you can use it to connect your xbox directly to your computer, but, if your xbox is connected to a hub/switch/router, you need a straight through network cable.
Kornie

Post by Kornie »

well i was gonna softmod my xbox but now i cnt be arsed so would there be a way with out an modded xbox i coz i have an cross over cable ect its just i dont want to risk my xbox gettin buggered up...
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

Well as far as I know, the only way the get these mods, is by using a modded xbox, sorry
Maybe you can contact someone and ask if they cant mod it for you, if you think it's too hard to do yourself, that's what I did :P

Good luck,
Martijn
Kornie

Post by Kornie »

well softmodding is the simplest way coz i dont even need to open up my xbox but yet it is still ver leathle if it goes wrong but all u need is an action replay/MAX drive, xbox, Itools, FPT and a back of your drive ect u np just check it out at www.xbox-scene.com

unless some one lives in the uk and can fit in the chip but if it goes wrong i want a refund on my xbox and hip :) lol but i would rather softmod because its simple and reverse able for xbox live :D
vertigo600

Post by vertigo600 »

any1 know where the x,y and z files are located so i can delete some of the cache files? thanx in advance
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

The X,Y and Z drives are located on your xbox, along with the F drive, which probably is your HDD with Halo 2 on it

Just FTP to your xbox and you should see a bunch of drives (displayed as folders), like F:\, E:\ etc. Here are the X:\, Y:\ and Z:\ drive too

Good luck,
Martijn

BTW, before you ask:
Cache000 = SP map
Cache001 = SP map
Cache002 = UI (mainmenu)
Cache003 = MP map (last played)
Cache004 = MP map
Cache005 = MP map
Halo_MC

Post by Halo_MC »

lol I am an idiot when it comes to things like this. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do step by step??? I can give you money over paypal.
Martijn Gelissen

Pi

Halo_MC wrote:lol I am an idiot when it comes to things like this. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do step by step??? I can give you money over paypal.
The tutorial is already step-by-step, if you're talking about that, go and read!
If you mean deleting the cache files is too hard then I suggest that you play a different map first, so lets say that you overwrote headlong.map with a modded headlong, then when you're gonna play play a different map first before trying headlong, otherwise you won't see the changes you made because of the cache files.'
This is way easier than deleting the cache files

Peace,
Martijn
vertigo600

Post by vertigo600 »

ok..im so sorry for bein a pest but the only rives i see are c,d,e,f i have no idea where they are
Gn0me

Post by Gn0me »

I'm thinking by X,Y,Z it means whatever letters your drives happen to be.
If i were to describe the need for 3 drives which the user may have changed to any letter i would describe it as X,Y,Z.

So yours could be any letter from A-Z, but for the sake of writing a tutorial they are described as X,Y,Z.

Just a guess so don't take it for gospel and abuse me if things go wrong and the xbox turns violent.