.:: Tutorial: How to apply these mods ::.

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
zaqwsx

Post by zaqwsx »

I heard that bungie says that modding will get you banned from xbox live...can I still mod my halo 2 or am I stuck with modding pc?
HornyHornyHippo

Stylist

Post by HornyHornyHippo »

well aslong as ur chip is off, then u should be fine!
zzk2001

necryptomatic signature tool

Post by zzk2001 »

OK the necryptomatic signature tool link is dead Where can i get it or can you post a new Link for download ...Thax
Kick ass
solid12

Post by solid12 »

umm im wondering like how do u get the mods that arent maps on the the acuall maps do u still have to delete the normal map or do u just put them on ??
:?
dunnuck

Post by dunnuck »

How do u mod ur Xbox?
lumberjackmack12

Post by lumberjackmack12 »

I've been havin trouble with my ftp, everytime I try it comes up connection refused. I'm not new to ftp but trying to ftp to xbox isnt working, I've tried it with evox and unleashx same message. I've tried through router and through crossover. Can someone try identify what i might be doing wrong?
Max sig size 500 x 120
matt123

Post by matt123 »

cmon ppl, you asking simple questions that can easily be answered in tutorials. I know it take some effort, but its worth it at the end searching for it. The making of this thread really doesnt have to answer these non related things. As many others say the answer is here www.google.com or www.xbox-scene.com
Jakinblack

Post by Jakinblack »

I still cant do it! i cant log in or connect with smartftp, it comes up with an error saying that the machine refused connection! what is wrong?
modman2

Post by modman2 »

hi i can't get my smartftp program to work i type in the ip addrease and the password and usernaem like you said xbox and it didn't work so i tried myine username and password and it still won't work how do i get it to work
Jakinblack

Post by Jakinblack »

thats the same problem ive got modman
TJ213

Post by TJ213 »

for the encryptomatic, google "the fantastic 6" (no "s)

for FTP, try typing in (In Internet Explorer)(or maybe firefox)(or in the address bar in the normal windows explorer)

Code: Select all

ftp://username:password@IP address
example:
ftp://xbox:[email protected]
if that dosen't work, (in unleashx) hit y and you will see the IP, username and password. Make sure that your xbox and PC have the same default gateway. And they have different IP addresses.

You might also want to make sure that the cat 5 cable does not exceed a 120 foot distance without the use of a repeater.

If the xbox or computer is on a wireless network, make sure they are on the same network.

hope this helped someone
Jakinblack

Post by Jakinblack »

it didnt work! i copied the thing for the browser, changed it to my xbox ip, and nothing happened. Im sure its the correct ip! it says it failed to connect or it timed out, is there something that i may have blocking access?

plz tell me
TJ213

Post by TJ213 »

can you ftp to servers other than the xbox?
modman2

Post by modman2 »

hi i don't understand i have put in the ip of my xbox and username and password and i have also tried the username as xbox but it always says can't connect
TJ213

Post by TJ213 »

that is a problem with the IP or just your connection, check the default gateways and IP addresses.
modman2

Post by modman2 »

how do i check do i go into settings etc or what and how do i find out the username and password
MURD

Post by MURD »

guys guys, this all depends on how your running from ur connecting xbox, please state what you are using, (bios if you have it) (how your supposed to connect if you know) (the network setup) (what you are trying to load)

everyone has something different, softmod, chips
i myself am using the SmartXX v2 chip, hard installation for some of you guys, it requires a RemoteFlasher that you can get from the site, you get most of your flashing and bioses from #xbins, it explains how to use it there. I Flash ED@Chip onto one of my 8 BIOS banks from my Chips Operating System that came on it. When im on ED@Chip i am able to view my IP information, username, password, and all necessary information for FTP settings. I've also flashed EvoX M8+ which i think is a wrong version and i can't really get any trainers to work, and i can't find a specific drive to load my games onto...or be able to view and copy my game data....well anyway, i am able to connect because of ED@Chip, that is the FTP connector that allows me to transfer files. Since i actually said what i have and my situation, someone can help me, trust me i've read up pretty good, its just hard to find things...tutorials, readme's setups, always different, never enough information, well if you can help out for my situation, my main problem is my EvoX M8+, dont know if it should have gaven me an F drive or so but i cant seem to find where my discs are loading data too

anyways if you guys could tell me ur problem maybe i could help some of you that are struggling with some of the chip problems, ive gone through a lot of reading and im almost thinking my xbox is a lil different from others.
modman2

Post by modman2 »

huh i connect with just a modem and iam trying to use the smartFTp program
spazman42

Post by spazman42 »

how easy is it to apply the mods on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest
Tom

Recreator Coagulator

Post by Tom »

3 for total noob
Please read the new signature policies!
Three lines of text maximum!