Recursive Building

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Recursive Building

Post by kibito87 »

Recursive Building

Objective: We will learn how to recursively build a tag into a map from another map.

*Now, i've had a few people asking me how to do this and from now on I will refer to this tutorial for those of you in need. Once you get the hang of this it will come to you like second nature. Enjoy!

1. First download HHT.

2. Open up the map that contains your tag you want to extract. For this tutorial I will use the Grunt biped tag.

3. Once you have the map opened up in HHT v5. Scroll down till you find the biped tags. Open the tree view further and you will see the Grunt tag.

4. On the left side bottom side of HHT is a little checkbox labled "recursive". Check this box.

5. Now make sure you have the Grunt tag selected (highlighted). Above where you checked off recursive, you will want to press the Save Meta button.

6. A window should appear asking where you will want to save the Meta to. Let's make a new folder on your desktop and call it "Grunt Meta".

7. It is now safe to close the map you are currently in, but let's stay in HHT.

8. We are now ready to inject the meta into our about to be, modified map. Make sure the recursive button is still checked off.

9. Let's go ahead and hit the "inject meta" button. This should open a new window asking for the origin folder (Grunt Meta). Just click on the grunt meta folder so it's highlighted like the picture below. Then hit the ok button.

10. After it has opened the grunt meta it will ask you to select the exact meta to be injected. Since i'm doing the biped, the actual meta is located in Grunt Meta/Characters/grunt.
The tagtype is located inside the brackets. So if you extracted the biped meta like I did, then it will say biped inside the brackets, like this: [biped].

11. Now HHT will inject the meta into your map. Once it's done, it will be properly injected and ready to be used!
preston566

Wordewatician 250

Post by preston566 »

Though I know, and I'm sure it was known ( not really sure ), it has to
have helped people. It's got 45 views on it's head.
First new tutorial I've seen for Halo in a while. Good Job.

with regret,
Preston556

Edit: Err, here is my question. Is there any way to delete tags?
Nobody answered the question earlier.
Thanks
Please, If you need religious help, PM me. God Will Wait For You.
I still cannot feel. The problem, is ireversable. :cry:
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

My apologies for missing your question. That my friend is a negative. You can not delete tags from within your map file after already injecting them. You can either null all it's dependancies or you can start fresh with a new map. Sorry for the bad news.