Soul Calibur IV

Discuss whatever you want about video games and gaming in general. Be nice though.. fanboys will get a swift kick in the nuts.
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

GametagAeonFlux wrote:
Cuda wrote:Hooray! Another Button Mash fest. Virtua Fighter anyone?
Not all fighting games are button mash fests, and even those that are, it's because the user chooses to make them that. A player who understands just frames, punishing and counter attacks can kick the crap out of someone who's just pressing buttons.

Also, Tekken is the worst fighting game ever. Even worse than Shaq-fu. It's so bad that Tomonobu Itagaki was asked what his 5 least favorite games were, and he said all five Tekken games. Really, Tekken is just lol.

Thats Why I say Virtua Fighter. I took me years to get down combos for Jacky alone. Getting the timing right after the knock down to the flying ground attack (even after quick up) took about a month alone. Thus far, I think only street fighter has that amount of skill to be found.

In Tekken you can pick Paul and do forward kick as the only move and beat the game.
Danke

Wordewatician 500 Mad Hatter

Post by Danke »

Cuda wrote:Thats Why I say Virtua Fighter. I took me years to get down combos for Jacky alone.
Yeah, sounds like a winner to me. :roll:

Virtua Fighter's collision detection always seemed off to me, tbh. And the animations never looked right. It seemed like there was never any reaction to hits except when a tiny hit would knock the other guy on his ass. But the game is awesome, if only because I always play as Shun Di, and always upside down. The somersault-face-kick move was always the best starting move.

I tend to judge games by my favorite characters though =/
WHICH IS WHY UMK3 IS THE BEST GAME EVER:
NINJA WAR
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

What about SSB?

A blind retarded baby with 2 fingers has the same chance of beating a professional who prides them self at being great at games.
Not removing this 'till I get back. Leaving on [01/05/09]
Danke

Wordewatician 500 Mad Hatter

Post by Danke »

Dr.Cox wrote:What about SSB?

A blind retarded baby with 2 fingers has the same chance of beating a professional who prides them self at being great at games.
I think a whole forum of people throwing around terms like "wave-dashing" and "L-Cancelling" disagree with you. While SSB has the opportunity to be almost as unfair as mario kart in terms of leveling the playing field, there's plenty of room for some extremely competitive gameplay.

Nintendo should be proud they managed to reach the blind 2 fingered retard baby demographic though.
Lambda

Post by Lambda »

Well back on-topic, I'm going to rent this game atleast, probably going to buy. I had a lot of fun with Soul Calibur 2, especially since I go over to my friends often and play it with about 4 other people. So I doubt I'm going to play online.
I especially like the fact that I can t-bag fairly quickly in a fighting game.
[size=0]don't talk to me about SSB, one of my friends only does thunder with Pikachu, most annoying things ever[/size]
softer on the eyes now