Free TF2 Weekend

Discuss whatever you want about video games and gaming in general. Be nice though.. fanboys will get a swift kick in the nuts.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Free TF2 Weekend

Post by turk645 »

This weekend valve is holding an event that lets anyone preload TF2 now and play it for free during the weekend.

http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush/

Go here to get the preload started.

This is great for those who havent bought the orange box or TF2.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
{TP}Spartan

Location: In a place,with some people,and an xbox.OMG THIS GUY HAS AN XBOX.

Post by {TP}Spartan »

You can keep it??!!?!
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

No, you can preload it now and only be able to play it during this weekend. It does allow you to test out the game though to see if you even like it. :P ive had it preloaded since tuesday.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

I bet by the end of the weekend someone will have cracked it and make it run all the time.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

bcnipod wrote:I bet by the end of the weekend someone will have cracked it and make it run all the time.
Nah.
WaywornMmmmm

Coroner

Post by WaywornMmmmm »

I would assume the trial players can play with the owners. If anyone wants to play, add WaywornMmmmm.
Last edited by WaywornMmmmm on Thu May 01, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
metkillerjoe

Wordewatician 500

Post by metkillerjoe »

Cryticfarm wrote:
bcnipod wrote:I bet by the end of the weekend someone will have cracked it and make it run all the time.
Nah.
I "Nah" to your "Nah".
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

metkillerjoe wrote:
Cryticfarm wrote:
Nah.
I "Nah" to your "Nah".
I'm sure they've done it before, I don't know anyone who has hacked a steam game and be able to play on normal servers. Well, if you can't play on normal servers, it stupid. It's a MP game.
-Treetoad-

Coagulator Commentator

Post by -Treetoad- »

I'm glad I saw this
Sig over file size limit.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

metkillerjoe wrote:
Cryticfarm wrote:
Nah.
I "Nah" to your "Nah".
I "Bah" your "Nah" and your "Nah".

:P coudlnt resisit. Its probably already been done, just cant play on vac servers.
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

turk645 wrote:
metkillerjoe wrote:
Cryticfarm wrote:
Nah.
I "Nah" to your "Nah".
I "Bah" your "Nah" and your "Nah".

:P coudlnt resisit. Its probably already been done, just cant play on vac servers.
Yeah, and almost all the servers are VAC protected.
CabooseJr

Bloodhound Connoisseur Blacksmith Grunge
Mad Hatter

Post by CabooseJr »

You obviously don't know how steam works.
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

You don't need to. TF2 has been cracked already to run on an alternate style of steam client. It bypasses all of Steam's Piracy checks, and ID Registration. Only thing to it is, you can't play VAC servers.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Cuda wrote:You don't need to. TF2 has been cracked already to run on an alternate style of steam client. It bypasses all of Steam's Piracy checks, and ID Registration. Only thing to it is, you can't play VAC servers.
So like, 1 percent of all the servers on steam.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

basicly. :P i might do that every once and a while if i choose to out of boardom.
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

Cryticfarm wrote:
Cuda wrote:You don't need to. TF2 has been cracked already to run on an alternate style of steam client. It bypasses all of Steam's Piracy checks, and ID Registration. Only thing to it is, you can't play VAC servers.
So like, 1 percent of all the servers on steam.
You'd be surprised. Theres plenty Non VAC servers, they're just plagued with hackers.
CabooseJr

Bloodhound Connoisseur Blacksmith Grunge
Mad Hatter

Post by CabooseJr »

I only got 1 of the new weapons, I have been playing in achievement boosting servers to try and get the others. :3