Mod of the Month

This is where all contest information and other stuff will go.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

I'm not worried about the emblem. That's not what I entered for. I am just trying to sort things out, make it fair for everyone and still keep it fun and exciting. Now, I suppose it would be fair for us to get the emblem considering any past entrant's got them but still it doesn't worry me.

The standards part still sounds like a good idea to me. Other than that, there isn't anything I can think of atm that I would see as a good change.
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

Too bad this isn't a perfect world.

In a perfect world, people would self-judge themselves to see if it's really going to compete with anything else. Then the truly worthy mods would compete without anyone feeling heartbroken that they didn't get any votes.

But this isn't a perfect world, so we're just going to have to accept that sometimes, people will win by default, whether they be bad or good mods (Andrew's and Kibito's are the good kind :P).
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

[IA]Paul wrote:Too bad this isn't a perfect world.

In a perfect world, people would self-judge themselves to see if it's really going to compete with anything else. Then the truly worthy mods would compete without anyone feeling heartbroken that they didn't get any votes.

But this isn't a perfect world, so we're just going to have to accept that sometimes, people will win by default, whether they be bad or good mods (Andrew's and Kibito's are the good kind :P).
Honestly though, we don't even need a perfect world. What we have now is ok...in the context of what we are speaking on. Most people should have the basic knowledge to know whether or not their mod is worth downloading and playing. Especially when there are so many tutorials teaching you how to do magnificent things with reverse engineering the game. That and there are a few helpful people here. It's just people should look a little harder at what they create and give themselves extremely good criticism. That and even post pictures or video's in the W.I.P. thread to display how it's coming along and what kind of touch ups it could use. I don't see a reason to release anything that's half asssed and not done. Except maybe real life situations. Those can arise at any time.

When it comes down to it. There are plenty of resources here to help get you started and going on an exceptional mod. It doesn't have to be extreme nor does it have to cater to everyone but you the modder should be impressed by it and hopefully have a genuinely good amount of positive feedback. Typical things you should think of before entering your mod in a competition. But that's just me.. :P
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

DeadHamster wrote:Next month there'll probably be a lot more competition. I know I'm entering, and I'm sure a lot of others are as well.
I might since I have a few weeks off work. :P
CrysisFX

Post by CrysisFX »

ya im getting some time on my hands too. maybe time to finish some of the mods on my usb hdd thats gathering dust. motm august looks more competetive
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

So I guess there is no need for a voting thread nor any notice of the winners, eh?