DS Modding

Off topic chat. Basically anything that doesn't concern halo or halo modding can go here.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

DS Modding

Post by kibito87 »

Just wondering if anybody in here owns or owned a modded DS? I'm speaking more along the lines of a cart that loads the homebrew for you instead of say flashing the firmware. If so, what do/did you use?

I bought a R4DS for my gf's DS Lite and it just hangs at the black loading screen. I can't get it to go any further. I've tried numerous times to fix it and can't seem to come up with a solution. So if anybody has any experience in this, i'd really appreciate it.
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Re: DS Modding

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

I don't have much experience, but my brother has an R4 as well. I'd say try to reload the kernel onto whatever flash card you're using, or use another flash card. I'd like to help more, but I don't have a flash cart myself, and haven't had to deal with any problems with it.
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I didn't know a DS can be modded. >.>
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

[cc]z@nd! wrote:I don't have much experience, but my brother has an R4 as well. I'd say try to reload the kernel onto whatever flash card you're using, or use another flash card. I'd like to help more, but I don't have a flash cart myself, and haven't had to deal with any problems with it.
Yeah I did. I tried a few different times, and I also tried loading the kernal onto 2 different micro SD cards. Not sure what the problem could be.
nintendo9713

Wordewatician 250

Post by nintendo9713 »

I have a CycloDS Evolution and its the best thing that can happen to a DS. Runs homebrew, including NES, SNES emulators. Are you just looking for something to get? Its strictly plug'n'play, no flashing of anything.
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

nintendo9713 wrote:I have a CycloDS Evolution and its the best thing that can happen to a DS. Runs homebrew, including NES, SNES emulators. Are you just looking for something to get? Its strictly plug'n'play, no flashing of anything.
That's exactly what i'm looking for. Plug n play. The easiest way for my girlfriend to use it. The CycloDS was the second thing in line I was looking at to get. So we may just go with that. Thanks.