Windows Experience Index

Off topic chat. Basically anything that doesn't concern halo or halo modding can go here.
xbox

Blacksmith

Re: Windows Experience Index

Post by xbox »

So are most of these scores desktops?
If they are, that means my laptop is amazing.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

My rating went down after installing Windows 7. :? I'll do my tune-ups and then see if it will make a difference.
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

To install a custom theme you must patch the uxtheme.dll file (there are two other files as well on Vista) to allow you to use un-signed Visual Styles. The ones on DeviantArt are no different, and they should not require any software, just the modification of these Windows files (and a restart). Royale (the theme in question) is actually signed by MS though (and works without these mods, at least on XP), because it was an official theme which was leaked.

Also, I would love to test my new comp to see my score in Windows 7, but I just got Vista 64 running and I don't want to install beta software / reformat my drive.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Eaton wrote:My rating went down after installing Windows 7. :? I'll do my tune-ups and then see if it will make a difference.
Iy's a harddrive flaw because windows automatically sets on caching or something, if you turn it off you will see a much better score.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Cryticfarm wrote:
Eaton wrote:My rating went down after installing Windows 7. :? I'll do my tune-ups and then see if it will make a difference.
Iy's a harddrive flaw because windows automatically sets on caching or something, if you turn it off you will see a much better score.
Wait, turn what off? :?