Computer tech question

Technical Chatter here.
butter34

Computer tech question

Post by butter34 »

Will this computer run BattleField 2 Half life 2 Farcry and or Halo With these specs. Im not sure but im thinking it should run Halo and Farcry possibley even Half life 2. My desktop with a AMD 3200+ 1Gb of ram and a ati 9600 with a 128 mb of video ram works all those games. Im guessing theyll work but I would like some back up before I purchase.

Processor Type : Intel
And on the 8th day god said let their be HALO!!!
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Halo will run on 512 megabytes of RAM. Half Life 2 may or may not run on 512 megabytes. If it does, that's definitely the minimum amount of RAM it will run on. I'm not sure about Battlefield 2 or Farcry.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Why don't you download the demo first>?
...left for good
The_Hushed_Casket

Post by The_Hushed_Casket »

My brother's old computer (~3 years old) can run Half-Life 2, to be fair at very low settings. But you should be fine with that setup, my brother's computer is slightly worse in the graphics department.
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Its a laptop, so no its not going to come close to having what it takes for Battlefield 2 I know for a fact, you need 128MB of video RAM. Also, get a laptop that has an AMD processor, games will run much faster, and AMD mobile processors are even more lightyears ahead of Intel mobile processors than the desktop ones. And I would suggest a RAM upgrade as well, I used to run BF2 on my comp back when it still only had 512MB and I could barely move 5 feet without skipping at least 30 or so frames and almost lagging out, I had my vid card fully overclocked to the speed of a 7800 GTX too. Halo, HL2, and Farcry would probably run fine, but if you're expecting full spectral effects and it to look OMFG beautiful.... not gonna happen.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

Ok, Ill tell you from my experience.

I have a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz , 512MB RAM, and a 128MB GFX Card, and heres what I can run compared to your list.

Battlefield 2: Very low settings(demo only, never tried the full game)
Half Life 2/Source Engine Games(CSS, DODS, SiN, Halflife 2 and Variants): medium settings and some high.
Halo: Mid to High settings.
I never tried Farcry, so I wouldn't know. You could find the Game specs and requirements and compare it with the data in your DirectX Diagnostic tool (DXDIAG.EXE)

Hope this could be of any help.
butter34

Post by butter34 »

I saw a laptop for 6 bucks at ubid.com that I won for 58 bucks and I was just wondering. Also I wasnt expecting OMFG thats amazing. Im expecting the lowest setting on a few of those games. Thanks thought for the help. O one more question would a 1.8ghz AMD 2800 work okay.
And on the 8th day god said let their be HALO!!!
citruspers

Post by citruspers »

on low settings, i think so, but it also depends on the video card