Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
DarkShallFall

Artisan Recreator Trickster Connoisseur
Advisor Pyre Renovator Sigma
Snitch! Enthraller New Age Miner

Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Post by DarkShallFall »

I've decided that I wanted to get a team together for building custom maps for Halo 2.

The process will start from a concept, from the concept modelers will take turns working on the map, during the creation of the model the texture artists will create various textures and different versions of the same texture with different colors and such, once the model is complete the modeler will then use the finished textures to Uv the model. After all of that is complete someone will inject the models(All mesh that has different shaders will be split into separate models) and textures into Onyx.map, after that the models will be placed and shaders will be created for the model. After the shaders are finish and linked to the mesh someone will do the collision using Onyx.

I hope to make a nice Map Pack for the people who still play Halo 2.

The maps will not have any types of mods other then the newly created map.

People needed:
1-Conception Artist
2-Modelers(not including myself)
2-Texture Artist(If you want to help and don't have much experience making textures but have you know your way around PS contact me via AIM and I will help you get into texturing)

What you need:
Photoshop
3D Studio Max
Onyx
Entity
Debug Bios on Xbox

Also Posted:http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1296
Iron_Forge wrote:I assume I won?..I should get an emblem...
MATTMAN662

Re: Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Post by MATTMAN662 »

A remake of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Maps from N64 would be cool,I'm in the middle of making a remake of the "basement" map from goldeneye at the moment, I may need help with texturing when I'm done if anyone would be interested in helping me, at the moment I'm just using Onyx and then changing the textures of the blocs made in Onyx to make walls, I extracted the model from Goldeneye using the GE Editor that the people over at GEForever and Goldeneyevault and its affiliate sites made, and then resized it so that it was the proper size and then imported it into the map as a model and used that to make sure that I made an exact replica ,(the model imported from the GE Editor dosn't seem to show up right in game though, so I don't have a model for it except just changing the texures of the walls, floor etc. I made with Onyx and using those as the model as well, the model imported from the GE editor does show up properly in Entity 2.1's Visual Editor(which is an awsome program and saves alot of time) so thats how I can use the model to make an exact replica. Sorry if this seems run on and disorganized. But remakes of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Maps from N64 would be awsome, if you guys would be interested in makking them.

P.S. Onyx is awsome, thanks DarkshallFall!